Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: What's your favorite window trim?

Houzz Polls
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
Which one of these window trims do you like best?

Vote for your choice! To win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment telling us what type of window trim is on your windows now, (photos welcomed too) and you will automatically be entered into the drawing.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 3/2/2014. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us Below!

Comentarios (98)

• monkeygirlinri
    hace 10 años
    We have white on white, which is fine, but I prefer a more modern look with the ultra thin or no trim windows.
  • judithahall
    hace 10 años
    I have wood on wood trim on my windows...it's what was here when we bought the house, so it has stayed. It is very neutral and not obtrusive in any way, so it can stay and I I can live with it just fine. I chose the white on white. I always think white trim adds a much needed finish to any window in a room. The trim can take on many styles and doesn't have to be exactly like the one pictured. Having the windows finished on the inside as opposed to no trim, which I think can get very cold and hard looking or the steel trim which look to me like prison windows just gives a more inviting look to a room.
  • mil1946
    hace 10 años
    Loved both the ultra-thin and no trim......difficult vote.
  • toniproudlock
    hace 10 años
    Any suggestions as how to protect toddler from falling from wind- out windows? I was thinking of changing to louvres.
  • Elizabeth Julian
    hace 10 años
    Since I don't have to maintain them, I like the no trim. The styles did not vary enough for a true vote. The practicality of the windows is not addressed. I love a breeze and the modern no trim windows don't show how you can regulate air flow. English cottage houses look best with the diamond windows. So many styles, In the northeast, heating and cooling factors in but since this is an imaginary world, I like the no trim windows.
  • Karen Moore
    hace 10 años
    I love the openness of the no trim look. Of course it only worksf you have a spectacular view from the window. My house is a 1920s small Tudor full of oak trimmed windows.
  • susanmitch
    hace 10 años
    With a killer view I like no trim. My house is Georgian style and has wood trim.
  • Heather Magee
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    No trim for me...especially if there is a great view outside...!!
  • Jonna Austin
    hace 10 años
    If I had a stupendous view out my window, and it was a big window, I would love the no-trim look. Since I have a very common view out my windows, and they are normal size,
    I like what we have, which is a golden-oak trim that matches my hardwood floors.
  • grobby
    hace 10 años
    Have white on white wide trim. I can live with/without trim if the room and view grab my attention.
  • Barbara Hanson
    hace 10 años
    I love white trim...it is classic and clean!
  • mrscrouse
    hace 10 años
    I prefer stained wood--but not the wood wall. My preferred style of home is craftsman--so the wood trim makes sense there--where the wood is a strong feature of that style. It needs to go with the home style--so each of those make sense where they are--but not in the average American home. To put modern trim in a home build that isn't modern would look crazy. To put old fashioned trim on a modern style home would also look out of place. The home we live in now has all painted wood trim--everywhere. I can deal with it because it fits the style of home.
  • alohagirl007
    hace 10 años
    Depends really on the style of the house, the settings,etc
  • Bettie Waddle
    hace 10 años
    I installed marble window trim last year and recaulked. This is about the only option since the windows sweat. I have a '50's house with single pane casement windows. Replacement windows would have have to be custom and costly. Otherwise, I would chose white on white vinyl or wood.
  • alwaysdesigning
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    We have wood cased windows in a Craftsman modern style window in our new custom designed house. The guys did a great job for us.
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    I love floor to ceiling windows. So the more glass, the better. I voted for no trim.
  • mrabughini56
    hace 10 años
    We have wood trim that goes with the house stile,I love No Trim for The Look :) so...Next House!!!
  • PRO
    Sharon Lewis Homes
    hace 10 años
    I like the look of no trim, depending on what your view is ,not useful of homes in the suburbs unless of course you have a great private backyard or you enjoy looking at your neighbors, lol
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    We are very traditional in style so for us we like the white trim around our windows. I appreciate all the other looks but for me a window just looks unfinished without any trim at all.
  • simplycharmed
    hace 10 años
    All those looks were great, but you can't beat the fresh look of white on white. Classic.
  • Kash B.
    hace 10 años
    I enjoy any trim that a allows tons of natural light into a room.
  • littlebonz
    hace 10 años
    I prefer Wood on eggshell or off white
  • PRO
    Cope Closet Concepts
    hace 10 años
    I am a sucker for stone anything!
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    No trim is the best trim, especially for contemporary or modern architectural styles :)
  • Melissa Price_Molaski
    hace 10 años
    We have no trim at our house.
  • Bonnie Johnston
    hace 10 años
    Always white trim, width depending on the house style. I like white trim with colour on the walls too. Never goes out of style.
  • msagez
    hace 10 años
    I'm a sucker for stone
  • Sheri
    hace 10 años
    wood trim
  • sunnie2day
    hace 10 años
    I chose 'white on white' although in our current home it's only white on white along the back, in front it's the original cream on burgundy on stone face.
  • judijon
    hace 10 años
    My choice was no trim, and I commented under that photo. One aside, we live in a home with a view, sunsets included. We have no window treatments per se, but at the end of the day the lowered sun becomes "blinding," so we do have single cell shades both for light diffusion and insulation. I worked at Home Depot when we were having our house built, and there were several companies represented with sample blinds the public could raise and lower. What a great way to make a choice! Over time the blind that held up best from repeated use was the Bali brand, so that's what we have in our house. It's been 7 years now, and the single cell blinds have held up beautifully. I did make the mistake of choosing a "bottom up" feature for the largest window in the house and eventually purchased a "top down" instead.
  • PRO
    Red Fox Design
    hace 10 años
    Very Interesting subject. If you have a breathtaking view as many in Colorado are blessed with, the ultrathin window trim in View #1 could be a real options. It could be used with a number of styles of homes with views such as mountains, forests, city scapes, or rock formations The view could be featured element with most any architectural style, not just modern.
  • marjie1059
    hace 10 años
    No trim is great for focusing on the view. I want to live outside without being cold in winter or hot in summer, so I want anything that brings me closer to that.
    Grew up in 1890 house with painted white wood trim and never thought about it. Now live in 1895 home with poplar trim down and painted trim upstairs. New kitchen has cherry trim stained to match cabinets. Love it, and the only reason I'm considering window treatments on two of the windows is that passing traffic can see in those windows.
    Stone can easily seem heavy and cold and forbidding. Wood generally seems warm and classy, though I personally think blond wood easily looks cheap.
  • rnbaker
    hace 10 años
    We had dark pine woodwork for 42 years. We just built a new home and have white on whie woodwork throughout. I love it. We chose not to do window treatments, but do have half-window plantation shutters for privacy. We can block the sun when necessary or leave open. Our home has a country cottage look with touches of shabby chic. As you grow older, it is wonderful to have a bright, cheery home. Wouldn't change a thing. Our kitchen/dining area is a very open concept and we have a wonderful pair of windows over the kitchen sink which gives us a wonderful view of our backyard.
  • Darci Parrish
    hace 10 años
    I love Craftsman style window trim with the added moulding on the tops!
  • micstamper
    hace 10 años
    My vote goes for the classic stained wood trim.
  • Cynthia
    hace 10 años
    The no trim looks awesome...we can all agree on that. But think about it, this is like a resort area, it wouldn't make sense in most residential areas. Also, has anyone mentioned yet that there is no trim because there are no walls?? The windows are the walls...which means there is no need or use for trim...
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
    hace 10 años
    If you have the money to maintain, wood on wood is classic!
  • PRO
    Designer's Edge Kitchen & Bath
    hace 10 años
    Being from the Pacific NW, I love the first photo with the thin framed windows that wrap around the corner allowing those fantastic views in. That being said--trim needs to be in harmony with the architecture of the existing home or it will look out of place, or worse, clash with the interior/exterior.
  • toriella24
    hace 10 años
    I have ultra thin trim and love the look!
  • Nancy Kress
    hace 10 años
    I love the stone trim. It adds warmth and beauty to an otherwise drab room.
  • tkejbou
    hace 10 años
    Window trim makes a very big difference in any room. I like them all. The white on white is what I went with in my home
  • Sara Friedel
    hace 10 años
    I would take any of these window trims in my house, because that would mean I am no longer a grad student living in an apartment. :D As it is right now, there are a few smallish windows in the middle of a white wall with no trim. Bor-ing!
  • Patricia Aytes
    hace 10 años
    The stone and the window nook makes me feel like I'm outside reading in comfort!
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    I prefer casement as seen in the pic
  • fhoagland
    hace 10 años
    White on white always works, classic.
  • Wanda Dunaway
    hace 10 años
    We currently have white on white, but I love the more modern looks.
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    hace 10 años
    CONGRATULATIONS to @helehhamilton for winning a pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have a few days left to get your comments into our Bedroom poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/pollhow-would-you-liven-up-your-bedroom-dsvw-vd~868104
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    congratulations to @helehhamilton you lucky dog ;-)
    Enjoy your slippers!!
  • PRO
    Judy Dixon Interiors
    hace 7 años

The window trim depends on the style of the house. Modern trim does not belong in a traditional or craftsman style house. www.judydixoninteriors.com

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    hace 7 años

love white on white!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.