Houzz Logo Print
jphillips_3

New furniture - ok color?

jphillips_3
hace 10 años
So I've been looking for a long time for a dining set and finally found one I like. In the same line they have end tables, tv stand, and coffee table.... all of which we were thinking of updating also. I did a pick up of one end table to see how it would look in our home before all are delivered. We have brown couches and our current end/coffee are black metal and tan tile. Does this new brown wood end table look strange next to the brown sofa? Too much brown? Too different?

Our dinette is right next to the family room...open floor plan. Thus why same wood and style would be nice! Our new kitchen cabinets are the same wood and stain as the fireplace surround. I think it is a nice rich look. We'll have some lighter accessories. Am I getting things too dark though??

First pic - current/old end table and coffee table
Second pic - new end table -- coffee table, tv stand and new dining set would all be this style
third - shows with fireplace surround - very similar wood, which I like
fourth - another location on the other sofa.

OPINION, Please!
Thanks!

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    KBR Solutions Inc
    hace 10 años
    You just need to accessorize with some bold colors...throws. lamps, pillows and even wall hangings. Even consider an area rug to breakup the brown tones,
  • jphillips_3
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Carpet is gray/beige/black. Walls are "perfect greige" -- it is more gray than beige.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Can you show a photo of the dining table?

I think you have enough brown. It looks as if your rug is gray and beige? Like the wall beige?

I would like to see some golden tones. This combo works with the present end tables.
    Solitude Framed Print by David Lorenz Winston · Más información

Pillow Decor - Tuscany Linen Metallic Throw Pillow, Gold, 16" X 16" · Más información
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    Did you get the chairs, too?
  • groveraxle
    hace 10 años
    Your old end tables are a better height and avoid the "sameness" this new end table brings. I think the dining set is fine, but the end tables are overkill. I'd look for something a bit more interesting, maybe even round.
  • jphillips_3
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    yes - the chairs are on order too. I can still cancel anything not delivered yet.. and return this end table in the next 6 days.
  • groveraxle
    hace 10 años
    Leilani Round Accent Table · Más información

Mardonio Distressed Side Table · Más información

French Heritage Cassel Table · Más información
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    It is all a little matchy. Have you considered other chairs?
    Trina McNeilly · Más información

Sylvia Martin · Más información

Waterfront Estate · Más información
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    Here are some Ashley slipcovered chairs. Would you like these?
  • jphillips_3
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    THanks for the suggestions, Judy. I have children so the idea of fabric covered chairs is out... that is somewhat why I picked that set as many have fabric seats.
  • jphillips_3
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Not that we are able to switch out couches now... but if we did that the tables would go better I think..... I like the idea of the line of furniture.... the cabinets and the fireplace -- far apart but in the same "area" are the same darker maple. The trim and the room doors are all honey oak (can't change). The new floor we put into the kitchen/dinete pulls those two colors together -- it is the medium tone like the trim and has highlights of the dark like the cabinets. New table is very similar in color to the cabinets.
    SO.... for the tv stand, end tables, coffee table.... I wasn't sure it was wise to add yet another wood or wood color... thus why I thought the same furniture line was wise. Love the style. I just am not sure if I love it next to MY couch. :(
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.