Houzz Logo Print
jbmaloney

Are screen frames and ceiling wood or PVC?

jbmaloney
hace 10 años
My builder is pushing PVC for its "no maintenance" quality, which is certainly appealing. I'm trying to figure out how "plastic" my space will look/feel. Thanks.
New House - Fairfield, CT · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Peter Zimmerman Architects
    hace 10 años
    We do not use PVC. We choose materials that are period appropriate . Good luck with your decision.
  • PRO
    Whitewood Millwork
    hace 10 años
    We are a millwork shop specializing in the use of PVC trim boards. The first caution I have is to think about PVC as low maintenance not no maintenance. It should be painted like wood, however the paint will hold up considerably better over time. Installing factory finished PVC trim boards can lead to "plastic" look and buying some of the cheaper brands will also leave you with that feeling (they add more air in their formula and they sound hollow and plastic when you knock on them). A good brand should have a density similar to the traditional wood trim boards and when it's painted you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.