Houzz Logo Print
amended12

French Door Grills, Keep or Remove?

amended12
hace 10 años
I'm debating on whether to keep the grilles on my French doors or remove them for a modern look. Thought?

Comentarios (16)

• amended12
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Here's the family room where the main French door is located.
  • sway_0060
    hace 10 años
    I actually like the doors in that room I actually think the fan could use some updating thats what sticks out to me in that room
  • MarleneM
    hace 10 años
    I say keep the grilles too. With the plant and the grilles and pool outside, it seems tropical. I would play that up and replace fan with one in that style.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    I agree, I like the doors...you are traditional in style and they are beautiful.
  • PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I'm assuming these are removable grilles in both the doors and the sidelites? If so, take them out and see how you like the results. I prefer without grilles for a transitional and/or modern style...clean lines.
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    hace 10 años
    I like without because I love having an unobstructed view to the outdoors
  • groveraxle
    hace 10 años
    I would keep the grilles for any style other than midcentury modern. So in your case, I say keep 'em.
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    I love the grilles!!!
  • unwantedadvice
    hace 10 años
    Keep them, they look great.
  • jonathan3
    hace 10 años
    The rest of your house has very simple lines and the French doors add so much character. They are beautiful with your kitchen. (Are they high maintenance or worn or damaged in any way? If so, any design changes may not coordinate with the other windows or trim on your home. You know how it goes...change one thing and then something else needs to be updated to complete the design.)
  • Darzy
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Oh My! I had grids in my slider in the family room and changed out to gridless. I like it 100 times better without the grids! I can sit right here, and see out to the garden without all the busy "lines". It feels so much more spacious. I also replaced a large window in the living room without the grids (pool view like yours) and the rooms feel so much bigger! My style is transitional as well.

PS. The dogs' nose/breath on the windows seems to need to be cleaned off more often. :)
  • PRO
    G & L Restoration
    hace 6 años

As a remodeler, I've replaced quite a few with gridless and the results are always the same. customers love the open look. More up to date for sure. I am about to swap to no-grid on a flip house for sure.

• niecie
    hace 6 años

Gridless would make the space look more "open" and a bonus when it comes to cleaning those windows.

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 6 años
    Old post 2014
  • niecie
    hace 6 años

Oops!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.