Houzz Logo Print
dee072

Subway Tiles for Kitchen Backspash?

dee072
hace 10 años
I'm planning a kitchen renovation and thinking I want to go with a white subway tile for the back splash. My question is...are subway tiles in or out in terms of design trends?

Comentarios (18)

• PRO
    North Coast Construction, LLC
    hace 10 años
    I agree. Subway tiles continue to be extremely popular.
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for your responses. You helped me make my final decision and I decided to go with the subway tiles!
  • Mary L
    hace 10 años
    I have glass subway tiles and people always remark favorably. So easy to clean too
  • PRO
    Joseph Pastore Custom Carpentry & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 10 años
    We've been installing subway tiles for 18 years. They never go out of style. Go for it
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Subway very much in. They are timeless. Not sure about white.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    What color are counters and cabinets that would determine backsplash.
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The plan includes white shaker style cabinets on all cabinets except the island that would be a dark wood finish. A white with gray granite on the island and possibly a solid coordinating color using Corian on all other counters. I was afraid that all granite may be too much. There is a fireplace place in the new kitchen that has gray stones so I'm trying to tie that into the design since it's a great architectural feature in the room. I'm overwhelmed with all the choices out there! I just want to be sure that my options are timeless as opposed to trendy.
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Here is a copy of the new kitchen layout...
  • Sam Dewick
    hace 10 años
    Subway is timeless. Trends come and go but subways are so versatile that your main kitchen might get outdated but it won't. Can you post pictures of your kitchen though so we can recommend a tile for you?
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for your response. The new kitchen does not exist yet. The picture of the plan I posted shows the new location of the kitchen that will now be in the center of the home. Construction is scheduled to begin in March so at this point, I am selecting cabinet styles, colors, etc. I will be happy to post pictures once the project is underway.
  • PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    hace 10 años
    Let us know if you decide to go with subway tile and need a few samples for comparison.
    White 3" x 6" Glass Subway Tile · Más información
  • PRO
    Interior Re-Styling LLC.
    hace 10 años
    Dee, we went with 2 x 8 subway tiles for a look a bit different from the traditional 2 x 4.
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for posting a picture of your tiles...it looks great!
  • Sam Dewick
    hace 10 años
    Looking forward to you posting the pictures of the project :) Meanwhile here's some nice pictures of different kitchen styles using subway tiles
  • dee072
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for posting the pics. That is the look I am going for. I am wondering if I go with white tiles with white grout on the backsplash, will the white grout be hard to keep clean?
  • Lesley Delle_Grazie
    hace 10 años
    In my experience, white grout can yellow over time. I would use a light grey to tie in with your granite choice. Use a grout sealer to help with clean-up. Also, use clear silicone for the seam where the tile and counter top meet.
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    I always get yelled at when I post this, but I prefer the epoxy grout for ease of cleaning. Just be sure your installer is familiar with it or you could end up with a mess.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.