Houzz Logo Print
francis_casini

can you choke the throats on any of your Rumfords

Casini Masonry
hace 10 años
Will they smoke with more than a 1:20 ratio?
Interior Stone Fireplaces · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Keith Childs Masonry
    hace 10 años
    Don't choke a Rumford. Always keep the damper full open when in use, otherwise your room will fill with smoke.
    Casini Masonry agradeció a Keith Childs Masonry
  • PRO
    Casini Masonry
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Keith I already knew the answer and thanks for being honest. I am a 3rd generation mason whom has been a slant back Rumford builder since the 70's. Through many hours of study and experimenting not to mention the building, I have acheived a 1:30 throat to opening ratio. This is just a 1-3/4'' gap along a 46''long damper I fabricated 30 years ago. I do this almost nightly for days on end and it's like burning a fireplace from heaven in comparison to having the damer wide open Aas i've had to do for over 25 years.
    Jim Buckley is in awe and he wants to know how I do it! I have developed an improvement which is easy and cheap and can enable this ratio in good chimneys.It will boost ratios in all salnted fireplaces that don't smoke and help cure smokey ones as long as they are not too badly constructed! Even then they can be fixed.
    I am in patent process so I cannot divulge too much but feel free to see my videos. Keep in mind that a well built slant can become a 1:30 ratio burning fireplace while straight Rumfords cannot as they are at beat a 1:20 which is 50% disadvantaged.
    The comfort and efficiency is in the number!

Regards Frank Casini

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.