Houzz Logo Print
guilf

What is the tall grass?

Glista Guilford
hace 10 años
I love the way you have lined it up. I presume you would need to cut those "blooms" off before spring?

Many thanks.
Palo Alto 2 · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Joni L. Janecki & Associates, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Thanks for your question! The grass is Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Karl Foerster', Feather Reed Grass. As to trimming, there are different points of view. Most people like to let the seed heeds stay through winter and cut them back before the grass comes out of its dormancy in the spring, but others might find this "messy". This is somewhat determined by whether or not someone likes to trim their grasses back in late fall to get new growth every spring; we prefer to leave the grass and then, every 3-5 years, cut it back hard when we divide the bunch. Again, all this depends on your aesthetic and how "messy" or "neat" you like your garden to be. It's a terrific grass, whatever your preference!
    Glista Guilford agradeció a Joni L. Janecki & Associates, Inc.
  • PRO
    Green Elevations
    hace 10 años
    We just put this along with Panicum "Northwind" into a beach themed landscape. I love this grass! I agree completely with leaving it until the spring before cutting it back. It just looks so amazing in the winter.
    Glista Guilford agradeció a Green Elevations
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.