How would you remodel this exterior

saherne
hace 10 años
We need more room and the front needs help ! Tell me what you would do

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    This is the front of the house? Front door is where?
  • saherne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    It is to the left in the little addition. It is a side Front door but I have always wanted a traditional front door
  • PRO
    Wallace Remodeling, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    It looks like your yard has lots of room, depending on what you have planed for those two trees. You may want to consider a slight horizontal addition and a significant vertical addition. It looks like the layout of your home will present you with several addition layouts. Get in touch with a design professional who can help you come up with a concept or two on how to use the space for what you need and keep the aesthetic consistent with what you want.
  • handymam
    hace 10 años
    And maybe you could elaborate on what need more room actually means to you. :)
  • saherne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you both for commenting. My first floor is fairly spacious just need one more room preferably kitchen on 1st floor but the 2nd floor is tiny. 3 small bedrooms and 1 bath and I have 4 kids. I did get rid of the two trees closest to the house and removed all the ivy but want more of a traditional look with traditional front.
  • PRO
    Wallace Remodeling, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Depending on how far out you extend your foot stamp, you may be able to get more kitchen in the 1st floor, assuming it is adjacent to the front and you won't need to reconfigure, and add 1 bed and 1 bath to the 2nd floor. The amount you get out of the 2nd floor will largely depend on what type of roof line you want.
  • saherne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you all. My foundation can not withstand adding a floor according to engineer so looking like teardown is only option. Looking into foundation options because can not afford tear down even though more economical.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    Remove the addition. Ask the engineer if you can put a shed roof off that gable end. It looks like there would be enough space then for a room like this, with the front door up closer to where you park your car. You could also break a room like this up with a wall, to five you a front hall space.

Screened porch · Más información
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    So, the roof would be coming out from under the two windows like this.
    Conservatory Craftsmen · Más información
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    A hip roof might work, too.
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 10 años
    Have you considered a first floor master bedroom?
  • saherne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    HI all..love all the suggestions. Thank you..will post sketches when I meet with architect and foundation people. Any thoughts on some curb appeal since this project wont get started till next fall ? I have already taken ivy off house and added window box to front and put simple boxwoods in front of house and under 3 little windows and front widow
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.