Houzz Logo Print
barkersmile

Living/Dining Room MEETS Office/Library/Toy Area! Help!

barkersmile
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
The last few years the view off of our front foyer entrance has equated to this...
No furniture + kids +toys = EYE SOAR!

And it MUST CHANGE...but I don't even know where to begin with a traditional style multi functioning open area.

OBJECTIVE: Pull together (literally) a traditional style Living/Dinning room to meet the needs for a Mommy Office/Toy/Library/Sitting area.
I still want it to look clean, crisp, and classy but still function for our needs.

RIGHT NOW: My Desk is tucked away next to the stairs and for the most part out of site at first glance. The living room has pitiful Salvation Army/Walmart bookshelves with a hand-me-down loveseat against the potential accent wall. The "dinning" area is pretty much for the kids with no large furniture only plastic organizational bins covering my beautiful chair molding.

IDEAS and HELP PLEASE!!!

~Barkersmile

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    karen paul interiors
    hace 10 años
    How old are your children?
  • PRO
    Gannage Design & Construction
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    These pictures may not be the right color or layout, but consider using creative cabinetry to add flexibility. Instead of a collage of multipurpose, create a "transformer". With the use of custom drawers, wall niches, and counter tops (traditionally for the kitchen) you can keep order and style while flexible enough for a range of age needs. My advice is to find a local contractor and cabinet shop. Bring them over together for a consultation. It will be worth it.
    barkersmile agradeció a Gannage Design & Construction
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.