Houzz Logo Print
roxanddan

Our new house in Tampa. New flooring? New cabinets? Paint colors?

Roxanne
hace 10 años
We will be living in this house and want some suggestions on colors and if we need to gut the kitchen and/or replace the flooring. As you walk in the front door the sun room is straight ahead, the formal dining is to the left, the master bed/bath and the office are on the right. The kitchen, kitchen dining room and great room are to the back of the house. Three bedrooms and 2 baths upstairs. 4200 sq.ft. Many of the pictures are when the house was occupied a few years ago. I have more photos if needed but 4 are all that will be accepted here. Thanks for any and all ideas!!!

Comentarios (13)

• Roxanne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    We will be add gas cooktop and have copper pots we want to hang somewhere.... I'll add a couple more photos here. The wall unit was left in the office.
  • Roxanne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I have thought about white cabinets and/or white furniture.... I'm wondering about ripping the soffit (or whatever it's called above the cabinets) out. Love white with a pale blue.
  • anitajoyce
    hace 10 años
    White cabinets for the kitchen for sure. If your budget can afford it, breaking up the massive tile floors with wood floors, especially in the living areas, would be nice to update the space also. They seem cold.
    Roxanne agradeció a anitajoyce
  • Roxanne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I agree with the coldness. It would be nice not to replace all of the flooring at this point but where do you stop or start? Replace the great room and the sun room now? Leave the kitchen, dining rooms and entry for later. Use rugs for now? I've heard comments on only using engineered wood flooring in Florida. Do you agree? Thanks
  • Roxanne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Another question I have is about the curtains? What do I do with them?
  • anitajoyce
    hace 10 años
    Only replace the floors if your budget allows for it. If not, Area rugs would work for now. Yes, take down the curtains, they feel too heavy for the space. Let the windows take stage and let the sun shine in! I don't know anything about what type of wood to use. I would check locally with a professional.
    Roxanne agradeció a anitajoyce
  • anapants
    hace 10 años
    The kitchen has a nice layout and cabinets. You should take off the wallpaper and probably the floor. Maybe a new backsplash if needed. The island should be rebuilt to match the cabinets. I would paint the walls a tan.
    Roxanne agradeció a anapants
  • Roxanne
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks anapants. No wallpaper in this house anywhere. The cabinets are not in as good shape as shown in this picture. I'll show what they look like now.....
  • PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 9 años
    A beautiful house with a great potential ! I would change the floors to a lighter color.
    another way to update the look is to replace the old lighting fixtures.
    We carry unique lighting that can elevate the look of the entire space.
    if you would like to receive our catalog by email, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com
  • PRO
    Adam's Construction & Design Company
    hace 9 años
    This is a home we recently remodeled, Maybe this will help!
  • PRO
    hace 9 años
    More Pics....
  • PRO
    hace 9 años
    Before and afters...
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.