Houzz Logo Print
ca92129

Tile didn't line up-- Should we have the tile work re-done?

CA 33
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
The tile is 12X24 calacatta ceramic, and the grout line for the wall did not line up with the floor. Given the tile layout is different, is it normal? The contractor claimed that the tile is slightly less than 12" wide so there was no way to line it up all the way-- We have no experience and are not sure if it is just an excuse? Is it possible to cut the long side a little bit to match 2X the width? Thanks for your input!

Comentarios (14)

• andj32
    hace 10 años
    Looks fine to me...
  • hayleydaniels
    hace 10 años
    I don't see what it is you're referring to.
  • Darzy
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Stuff like this happens all the time and it's not uncommon to have tile not line up perfectly. But, it can be done by paying more for material and time. Agree it looks fine.
  • PRO
    Lockman Renovations LLC
    hace 10 años
    actually, the tile doesn't have to line up perfectly with the floor tile. As long as it is staggered, it's fine. The contractor could have planned his layout a little better. I wouldn't have tried to line up the grout lines from the floor with the wall grout lines but I would have made the stagger a little bit bigger between the two. In all honesty though, The work he's done is acceptable.
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    Unless specified, difficult to guarantee
  • Idh Idh
    hace 10 años
    You can't tell at all! It looks great, don't worry.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I'd take that for a PASS of a tile job. It looks just fine. I just did some tile myself and that would have flown here....
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    hace 10 años
    Looks fine leave it and move on
  • PRO
    Linda
    hace 10 años
    Almost anything is possible with a large enough budget

There's plenty of other things to worry about with a house...don't sweat this one
  • CA 33
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks a lot. I feel much better now. We'll leave it.
  • PRO
    Great Britain Tile
    hace 10 años
    With this type of installation (both the walls and floors brick joint) with large format tiles running in different directions, there would be no possible way to have all of the grout joints line up. We install around a thousand new homes each year and I think It looks beautiful! Be sure to post pictures of the finished room.
  • PRO
    DNA renovations
    hace 10 años
    mmmm that's obviously never gonna line up you should have seen that straight away the tiler has done nothing wrong being a tradie for 30 yrs some people just gonna pick
  • sunnydrew
    hace 10 años
    If you put a squarer tile next to a more rectangular tile like these are, they will not line up at each edge. It looks fine as it is. The lines to the right are matched so that is enough. Be thankful the job is completed and enjoy it.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.