Houzz Logo Print
vanduynhouse

Cabinet and countertop ideas that will work well with a concrete floor

Luke VanDuyn
hace 10 años
We are building a new home in Conifer CO. The homes design is pretty modern, and will have concrete floors. We are struggling with what colors the cabinets and countertop should be. Any suggestions?

Comentarios (13)

• Ann
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    What colors do you like? Here are some ideas - maybe walnut or natural cherry cabinets and white or gray counters. I love concrete floors. I used to live in Conifer for years, Littleton now.
    [houzz=
    David Vandervort Architects AIA · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    H45 Loft · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Hoffman Residence Kitchen · Más información
    ]
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    Natural cherry cabinets and soapstone counters would be beautiful with concrete floors!
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    Also, if you like the idea of a charcoal colored counter like soapstone, other options would be Virginia Mist granite (maybe have the surface leathered for a more current look?) or Capolavoro quartzite (pretty pricey). I'm sure there are quartz surfaces that color too, but I'm not very familiar with quartz products/colors.
  • Luke VanDuyn
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I think I like the dark walnut cabinets, but I don't want to go with pure white countertops. I like the lighter color countertops, but don't want to go with pure white.
  • Luke VanDuyn
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Soapstone may be interesting I may look into those some more.
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    So a light counter is a very nice contrast with walnut. Maybe a granite like these. Not sure about the granite in the first picture but the granite in the second picture is called tidal white. Both of these granites would look very nice with concrete floors.
    [houzz=
    Jones Design Build · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Cherry Hills · Más información
    ]
  • Luke VanDuyn
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I like both those! I am also liking the Macaubas Quartzite. I think I like the long grain better, but I would have to see it in person to be sure.
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    Oh, quartzite is even better. I have a quartzite island and hesitate to recommend it since it's pricey and most people choose a different material. Macaubas quartzite counter with walnut cabinets and concrete floor would be stunning!
  • Luke VanDuyn
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Is quartzite significantly more than granite?
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    It's priced like very high end granites. I had a good sized island done for $5000, which was only one slab. Unfortunately, I needed a seam which definitely shows with quartzite since it has large open movement. But, I love quartzite so much, I was willing to put up with the seam. I also spent an extra $600 to have my polished slab leathered since I like the leathered look. Most all the granite yards also carry slabs of quartzite. I'm sure you'll find one you love. It's rather common to pair a quartzite island with a rather calm coordinating man made quartz perimeter to save a bit of money and allow the quartzite to be the "star".
  • PRO
    Amy Canary
    hace 10 años
    Rift cut white oak with natural finish and light gray countertops - quartz or soapstone. Check out new kitchen for velvet and linen blog.
  • PRO
    VT Industries
    hace 10 años
    We would suggest a natural stone alternative, one of our VT Dimensions options would be ideal for this. Take look: http://www.vtindustries.com/dimensions-countertops/vt-difference
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.