Houzz Logo Print
rissa_leigh

Picking bedroom paint for low-light

Marissa Leigh
hace 10 años
I'm moving to a new apartment in a couple months and I'm having the hardest time deciding on a paint color for my bedroom.

It's a corner room with a north-facing window and a west-facing window (not the best) and for artificial lighting there's only a wall sconce by the door.

My current bedroom has a nice tall south-facing window and a bright ceiling fixture so it's a foreign concept to be picking a color for a low-light room.

After much research (and realizing my existing decor is built on beach-y colors), I currently have it down to five options (attached image).

I'm definitely open to new suggestions, too.

Thoughts?

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Lauryn Preller / Rep for Benjamin Moore
    hace 10 años
    Low lighting can take gold colors into a green tint very fast so be careful with goldtone. Try using the Salzburg Blue as an accent wall and pair it with either of the blue grays. Or, do funky fruit with clean white trim (Snowfall White OC-118 is my favorite) and pull the Salzburg Blue in things like pillows, curtains, candles, etc. Also, I highly recommend getting some floor lamps to cast light up onto the ceiling and have it cascade down to light the room. It makes a big difference in the lighting condition.
    Marissa Leigh agradeció a Lauryn Preller / Rep for Benjamin Moore
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.