Houzz Logo Print
parshjill

Need to Update My Fireplace

parshjill
hace 10 años
I would like to update the fireplace in my family room. I have a budget of $1,500.00. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. My thought is to also shorten the windows on both sides of the fireplace and add built in book shelves.

Comentarios (16)

• User
    hace 10 años
    Here is an example of a fireplace we have completed in our office. #JMKarchitects.com
    parshjill agradeció a User
  • sunnydrew
    hace 10 años
    I would find a stone veneer company in your area. the examples above are all great. Don't shorten the windows.
    parshjill agradeció a sunnydrew
  • foreverfarm11
    hace 10 años
    I, also, think the best use of the money would be to change the stone.
    parshjill agradeció a foreverfarm11
  • PRO
    BEKMODE Design
    hace 10 años
    Consider whether the materials and final design you choose will harmonize with the overall style and feel of the room. We gave this brick fireplace a makeover using drywall, tile and built-up architectural moldings. Labor cost was minimized by leaving the original brick intact. www.bekmode.com
  • samhurni
    hace 10 años
    Can the stone veneers be used to go over brick too?
  • PRO
    BEKMODE Design
    hace 10 años
    The short answer: Yes. You can veneer over brick, but you must properly prep the brick surface first. Some stone veneers are designed to go over a metal lath surface.
  • PRO
    ErthCOVERINGS
    hace 10 años
    Yes. the stone veneers can go over existing brick, drywall and/or stone. As long as it is a solid built unit and the brick does not have too much variation in depth.
  • PRO
    Cascade Coil Drapery
    hace 10 años
    A custom recessed fire screen is a relatively inexpensive way to give your fireplace a new look while keeping your home safe. We offer our screens in many different finishes, so you could find something to match any other changes you make.
    parshjill agradeció a Cascade Coil Drapery
  • scarlette1011
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Voici un projet que nous avons fait avec un petit budget....et qui change complètement le look! Nous avons enlever les garnitures blanches de ciment autour des pierres, passer une brosse de métal sur les pierres, fait une tablette en bois et recouvert le haut du foyer avec du gypse!
  • parshjill
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    nice! thank you for sharing. gives me some ideas!
  • PRO
    James B. Batts Distributing
    hace 10 años
    I also have a couple of ideas for you!
  • tavolla
    hace 10 años
    I would suggest to paint it in white and to keep the wooden shelve as it is
  • halfpint2
    hace 10 años
    I would paint the grout, (a light color) see if that makes a difference. I like the windows, but they need floor length drapes, or fuller panels. Have you thought about painting in-between the beams a light color?
  • PRO
    Paris Flea Interiors
    hace 10 años
    Veneers are totally the way to go with this project , Please don't shorten the windows . If anything create a large (taller) window. Have some fabulous panels made to dress them and throw in a fabulous chandelier! The room will look great if you use any of the suggestions above, please post your after pictures . Best of luck with your project,Paris
  • PRO
    LL Cool Homes
    hace 10 años
    I love veneers but have you considered tile? I have found tile to be a very economical way to reface a fireplace and the possibilities are endless
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.