Houzz Logo Print
shannon_nallie

Need help deciding what to do with the kitchen in my new house

Shannon Nallie
hace 10 años
Original woodwork on the cabinets is in bad shape...not sure whether I should paint. The other dilemma is choosing a color palette...the countertops are a blue grey. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Comentarios (8)

• rinked
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    If the cabinets are in bad shape, maybe it's time to replace the whole kitchen once there is budget to do so?
  • PRO
    Hammonds Paints Ballarat
    hace 10 años
    Congratulations on your new house lovely. Dont underestimate what a light paint and new handles can do! Your flooring looks to be in good condition as far as I can see. Your spashback looks good too. I'd try and cut out any creamy yellow hues and go natural. The timber is so dark. Id go a light mushroom colour with a hint of greige (beige and grey) to be warmer than white.....Plus some new handles.
    Shannon Nallie agradeció a Hammonds Paints Ballarat
  • PRO
    Marc Russell Interiors
    hace 10 años
    Congrats on the new house. The kitchen is very dated. ( I noticed the wall phone and the trash compactor.) The floor to ceiling windows are great. I would wait till budget allows a gut reno. Good luck!
  • PRO
    Sequins
    hace 10 años
    If you are ok with your layout, then replace the doors only with cafe shaker style doors, or any other style u prefer. This is called refacing. Most refacing companies can add a few cabinets and features to update the kitchen. If you are purchasing a new fridge, then you may have to change the height of the cabinet above fridge. You can replace it with a deep wall refrigerator cabinet above fridge, having tall panel on one side. The island can have matching door style panels on back and sides. You can add light valance, brushed nickel hardware. The wainscoting can be painted antique white as cafe will be too dark. Only cabinets should be dark.
    Shannon Nallie agradeció a Sequins
  • PRO
    McKay Building Co. Inc
    hace 10 años
    If the Bushey would allow you to do so, there are many things you could do to bring life back to the wood. I would spend my money on new counter tops whether natural stone or corian. Then I would add a nice back splash to accent.
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    hace 9 años
    what do you mean by the cabinets are in bad shape? could you elaborate on it, is it the boxes, the doors or the hardware are such as hinges. Also are the cabinets plywood or composite? How do you like the layout? live with it to assess.
  • Maureen
    hace 9 años
    November 2013 post. Kitchen probably redone by now.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.