Houzz Logo Print
jessadmks

What would you do with this kitchen?

Jess Domokos
hace 10 años
Hello! This is my first post here! :) I'm desperate for some input on what to do with my new kitchen.

A little background information. This apartment belongs to my grandmother, who is renting to me. The previous renter left with little notice and abandoned tons of his things, so please disregard all of the various items scattered about! I will be home again for the holidays and will try to get some better photos when I get it all cleaned up. I'm going to have pretty much free reign as far as redoing the place, but I'm on a very, very limited budget, so most of the large things (cabinets, tile, appliances) are just out of reach right now! Which is unfortunate, because I am not a huge fan of that flooring! Ick! Or the counters! Yikes!

I do like the brassy tile behind the stove, and the big sink, and, thankfully, the stove and refrigerator (not pictured) are quite new. I also love the massive amount of counter and cabinet space, which is SO different from where I live now!

I plan to pull down the wallpaper and repaint. I would love to repaint the cabinets as well and probably get new handles. My taste is sort of contemporary and bright and cheery. Think "Scandinavian homes". What I'm picturing currently is lots of white, with splashes of color. But I'm afraid of how it will work with the existing tile, in particular...

Do you think there is anything (affordable) to be done about those countertops and that hideous backsplash? What about the horrid flooring?

What would YOU do with this space?

Comentarios (5)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.