Houzz Logo Print
somerset

Which lantern looks best?

Somerset
hace 10 años
I have been looking for the right lantern to put on my table in the foyer. I have found two that I like. Which one looks best?

Lynn

Comentarios (13)

• Keitha
    hace 10 años
    I like the first one :-)
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    Another vote for the first one.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    I like either one. I would rather see more related items with the lantern, rather than the lamp and the clock.
    Sweet as a Candy · Más información
  • safai
    hace 10 años
    The first one
  • lasa
    hace 10 años
    The first one
  • PRO
    Gail Barley Interiors, LLC
    hace 10 años
    I agree with eightpondfarm, the table isn't big enough for 3 large items. Take something away or replace one piece with something smaller. I like the first lantern best with your lamp and table.
  • Somerset
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you all for your comments. I will stick with the first lantern. Gail and eighpondfarm, I think you are right about the table looking crowded. I am going to try removing the clock and seeing how that looks or maybe I'll find a smaller lamp.
  • PRO
    Hartmann Interiors, LLC
    hace 10 años
    If you remove lamp and I would, you need to place another object in its place. Remember in accessories odd numbers are your friend.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I like the 2nd lantern placed on the right with the clock. A pretty glass dish or a shiny one - a sweet figurine or a seasonal holiday decoration would be a great change-up. A framed photo or print could be placed with the lantern and clock. How about a candy dish with mints?!
  • Ramona
    hace 10 años
    Those objects all appear to have the same mass.

I would use a taller lamp and one of the lanterns with something else which is much, much smaller
  • Lidia
    hace 10 años
    I'm not in love with the lamp though I love lamps in front of mirrors. Can you find a single tall very skinny buffet lamp for the table (small footprint) and small shade (chandelier size) and then center on the table? Then you could keep the black lantern and clock. The space looks formal so maybe stack some books and place the clock on the books to raise the clock a bit if visually needed.
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Love that first lantern. Let it be the tallest item on the table, and also the skinniest. Build from there.....shorter and wider.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.