Houzz Logo Print
dealcatcher

BBQ Countertop Over hang

dealcatcher
hace 10 años
Bbq grill is going to be installed on the far right hand corner of the first pic. Seating is on the left side. Do you think the partial overhang on the far left side looks weird since it gets cut off half way thru the island? I wanted to create as much seating as possible but am questioning whether I should just chop off the overhang on that side and just allow for seating on front side of island. Your thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!!

Comentarios (11)

• studio3600
    hace 10 años
    Like the overhang.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I'd leave it too.
  • PRO
    Comwest Construction
    hace 10 años
    I like the overhang on the other two side, however your BBQ might look off with the overhang on that side.
  • dealcatcher
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I drew in the grill so you can get a better idea of what it would look like. Let me know what you think.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Now that you've drawn in the grill, I think Comwest has a point. Can you "erase" the overhang and keep the grill in the image?
  • PRO
    Pro Earth Landscape, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Functionally you will be happy having the extra space for seating and counter area. I think you should leave the overhangs...it looks proportionate.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I think you could get away with the overhang proportionally, but I'm wondering about elbow room for the cook.
  • dealcatcher
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I probably didn't draw it as accurately as it could be. I'm going to have a lot more elbow room since the grill doesn't go all the way to where the countertop extends. There is a lot of extra room on both sides of the grill.
  • studio3600
    hace 10 años
    Keep the overhang! I think more counter space will outweigh everything in the end.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I'm with studio3600, Pro Earth and Comwest. Keep it. As a female grill master I firmly believe the more counter top space the better! :)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.