Houzz Logo Print
josh0980

1970's Brick and fake wood paneling

josh0980
hace 10 años
Updating this den area. I have pulled out the orange and black shag carpet and will be replacing it with hardwood. I would like to paint over the fake wood paneling, but leave the texture so it looks like painted wood. I do not want to paint the brick. Any color ideas for the paneling?

Comentarios (17)

• josh0980
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The brass fireplace piece is also coming out, along with the window shades.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    hace 10 años
    I'd paint it white, or possibly a soft mossy green.
    josh0980 agradeció a Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • josh0980
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    So the battens should cover the grooves?
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 10 años
    Yes.
  • PRO
    Karen Feldman, Broker Compass
    hace 10 años
    I would paint the paneling a beige/grey. whatever works with the brick. I pulled out my brass fp and replaced it with black and it made a huge difference. Consider a slab of wood, rustic or otherwise as a mantle. Later if you still don't love the room, consider putting stacked stone on the FP
  • Ronda Witt
    hace 10 años
    I would use muriatic acid and place a mantle.....and for these color bricks the mantle would have to be stained....which might clash with that wall panel. What is under the panel?
  • Ronda Witt
    hace 10 años
    What is behind that panel? What type of surface?
  • Ronda Witt
    hace 10 años
    Is the den basement environment? Sorry, I am just now getting into your situation.
    I am trying to see what the den is constructed of without interiors: walls, floors, especially what type of floor surrounding about the fireplace is?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Drywall (plasterboard) over the panelling if it cannot be removed.
  • PRO
    Frank Sorrentino's steel artistry
    hace 10 años
    Look at www.Steelartistry.com, for your fireplace screen options
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 10 años
    Do you have more photos without the window coverings? Easier to see detail in the brick and paneling.
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 10 años
    @steelartistry: wow, that is impressive.
  • Dana Yowell
    hace 10 años
    The floors I would go with a lighter shade, nothing dark, I'm thinking like a bamboo. With the floors light you have a more open color pallet for the walls. Also it looks like u have some builtins, you could keep those and do an accent color all over the builtins or just the inside backing. I would try to clean the brick as well. Good idea to replace brass and window treatments.
  • KD
    hace 10 años
    Oh, this is a timely thread. There's a room with that awful paneling that I'm dealing with soon and I'm hoping hoping hoping that it can be removed and there isn't anything awful behind it.
  • PRO
    Color Craftsmen: Fireplace Makeovers
    hace 10 años
    If you choose to paint the paneling, expect that the wood grain will show up more than it does now. If you use white paint you may find the dark grain lines to be distracting. Off-white or some color may help to obscure the fine, dark lines
  • PRO
    Tres McKinney Design
    hace 10 años
    Paint the paneling off white or a light sage gray/green, white wash the fireplace. The colors of the brick will still show through but more subtly. Lightening the brick will lift the light in he room. and give it a fresher look. Change the window covering to a plantation shutter painted the same color as the walls or a simple natural colored grass weave shade without the heavy pattern of your existing one. I would not mix bamboo flooring with this wood paneling. Instead install a wide random plank wood flooring in a mid range stain.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.