Houzz Logo Print
rhatam

What tiles would you use for this backsplash?

rhatam
hace 10 años
I'm looking for some ideas for this backsplash. I'm going to take out the stainless steel (maybe too much stainless steel in on kitchen). Any good ideas?

Comentarios (33)

• Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 10 años
    I would go with ceramic tile above the stove and beneath its 2 cabinets. If you can't find the pattern of ceramic tile to your liking, then give custom-tiles.com a hoot.
  • unwantedadvice
    hace 10 años
    Well I kind of like the stainless steel backsplash, very industrial looking. Why did you not put stainless on near backsplash area? I would love to see the walls painted a bright, fun color and maybe more pops of color on counters. Otherwise very hip looking space in my opinion.
  • sbrustein
    hace 10 años
    The stainless has a pale blue tint which I really like in the room.why not pale blue glass subway tiles?
  • Sam Dewick
    hace 10 años
    How about dark grey tiles to match your countertop?
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    hace 10 años
    I agree the stainless is very cool, but it looks flat. What about getting a cool stainless steel tile?
    Penn Valley · Más información
    Random Circles Stainless Steel Tile, Sample · Más información
    Mixed Brick Pattern Mosaic Stainless Steel Tile, Sample · Más información
    12"x12" Industrial Cityscape Metal Mosaic Tile, Single Sheet · Más información
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    You're needing texture more than color in the room...think crew of two has nailed it.
  • pitbulls
    hace 10 años
    subway tile
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Clear or light grey glass subway tiles would be the best choice.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I like the kitchen as is, except for the white walls. However, if you really wanted to remove the stainless backsplash, I think glass subway tiles would be fantastic, in a pale blue or pale green or pale aqua. Also paint the white walls to coordinate with whichever tiles you select.
  • helentyne
    hace 10 años
    I would bring in some color
  • rhatam
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Is this what you guys mean by pale aqua subway tiles?
  • PRO
    Rachel's Mosaics
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    This could work, , not the best picture of the tile. The light rocks are very silver.
  • PRO
    Siegler Design Services + INTERIORS
    hace 10 años
    Yes, glad you asked! TEXTURE products coming on strong for choice, variety and some retro looks too. Check out glazed cool textured tiles from Island Stone or something like Ann Sacks "Heather Oval". My favorite for a contemporary kitchen like yours would be Heath Ceramics an award winning product 60+ years in the making. Probably Heath Ceramics will enhance your improvement's value but, hard to say in these times. Heath has "overstocks" too, at better pricing.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 10 años
    maple would look lovely and match the Varde furniture well ! you could use flooring that's maple effect - like Karndean or amtico - so vapour and splashes wouldn't be an issue !
  • rinked
    hace 10 años
    I'd pick simple square white 4x4" (or 5x5), stretcher bond with a light grey grout.
  • PRO
    Design the Space
    hace 10 años
    try to use painted tempered glass back splash use light solid strong color to enhance the counter top and the wood to achieve the homey ambiance of the kitchen.
  • shazzan
    hace 10 años
    I think a glass back-splash cut to size. You can even paint the back of the glass a colour of your choice.
  • sbrustein
    hace 10 años
    I would ave chosen a slightly paler aqua, but that should make a nice statement .
  • indianpatti
    hace 10 años
    How about travertine ... a colorful mosaic like this:
  • User
    hace 10 años
    @rhatham, I was thinking of a paler glass, as shown below:

North Berkeley Hills Bathroom Remodel · Más información

Eisner Design · Más información

Williams Residence · Más información

Glass Tile Backsplashes by SubwayTileOutlet · Más información

Lake Oswego Custom Home · Más información
  • sbrustein
    hace 10 años
    Smiley face has nailed it
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    hace 10 años
    ARCTANGENT Architecture + Design · Más información
    Kitchen remodelling in South Bristol · Más información
    Hydeaway House · Más información
  • Jamie Harrison
    hace 10 años
    I would stay clear of tiling all together Rhatam! If you want a modern clean look, you should look at glass splashbacks, they don't have grout lines and they wouldn't create mould. With a glass splashback, you can choose any colour you like or have the choice of having any photograph printed onto the glass...

You should check out www.diysplashbacks.co.uk

I've attached a few images for you to look over...
  • reba120
    hace 10 años
    Check out mercurymosaics.com!
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I still think Heath Ceramics is a good material choice. Will bring in warmth and the "touched by human hands" characteristic that is so nice to offset the commercial appliances and stainless steel look in a family home. Several Heath Ceramic choices would work well in a kitchen where real human beings hang out and prepare food and share time together. Attaching only one picture to see color depth, design quality and dimensional character but, not necessarily this specific tile design.

Love glass back splash look too, but, may be more fitting to bring in some texture in this environment . Maybe flat tile but, nice glaze at stove area and a raised, texture tile at counter where the counter use is more buffet, pantry, general prep etc.. As usual .....need to know more about this homeowner's living and style.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    So mix tile from same maker with "smooth at cook" area and textured / interesting ceramic glaze at other part of kitchen. Well its an idea anyway to think about. Here is material combo I'm talking about. My recommendation to you is about the nature of the materials and "composition of materials" and not so much these exact items.
  • Addie Anderson
    hace 10 años
    I think you only need a pop of color. Red would be my choice.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Yes red good. I like red very much in modern room. Red very sociable. Good for people and fun areas of home.
  • Thaida Gardner
    hace 10 años
    Why not spice it up with a grey subway tile and and inserts like these : Other by Quebec Tile, Stone & Countertops Ceratec Tiles & Stone
  • PRO
    Incorporated LLC
    hace 9 años
    Curious what the decision was? I too actually really liked the stainless and wood elements you had and agreed it was missing something else. I actually thought the countertop was the element that did not fit. I had looked to do stainless counter with stainless backsplash in another renovation I am doing. So not really same situation, but still interested (Cabinetry is white). I was looking to avoid any obvious grout lines or how busy a tile backsplash can look -and avoid having to clean grout lines in my future. I am spending a fortune in another old house attempting to address grout that has become permanently "dirty". Post after photos, love to see it.
  • PRO
    All Natural Stone
    hace 8 años

I would suggest subway tile, possibly grey coloring.

• PRO
    Bayside Kitchen Bath
    hace 3 años

Glass is heading out brick and stone are in .

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.