Houzz Logo Print
peanut_decorating

Furniture placement

peanut_decorating
hace 10 años
Just moved into a new home. The great room which measures 20 x 20 is causing me grief. I can't figure out where to put furniture. Do I buy 2 couches and chairs? What configurations should I go with. Help me before I waste any more money?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Urban Interiors
    hace 10 años
    I would use your fireplace as the main focal point with two sofas on either side. At the far end looking toward fireplace, I would put a comfy elegant chair. In the middle put a nice sized rectangular coffee table. On either side of the fireplace I would build bookcases or put similar chests of drawers with paintings above. Chest of drawers can be used for extra storage. Hope that helps.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 10 años
    Very spacious room, since the TV location is really being dictated with the niches, the most logical seating layout would be to have it arranged around the TV.
  • peanut_decorating
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The only issue putting the sofas at either side of fireplace is wasted space between the stairs and the way it looks when you walk in from the front door.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.