lmalmstadt

Need help with living room mantle and hearth

hace 10 años
Just purchased a home with bones that lend themselves to a modern style but inherited a very traditional style. Suggestions around refacing this wood burning fireplace to modernize the look? I like the long, offset hearth that's here already.

Comentarios (4)

• hace 10 años
    Remove the mantel and resurface the entire wall with stacked stone...or, if really looking for modern, rolled steel.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    You can easily update the look of that traditional mantle with a punch of an unexpected color, like that red I'm seeing in some of your accessories.
  • hace 10 años
    I think you can up the cool factor with this very traditional fireplace by just painting the fireplace and wall a deep dark grey. Add some colorful accessories, art or a venetian mirror. Try something like this first before you spend a lot of money refacing it. Good luck !
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Because this f/p is offset in the wall, I would play off of the asymmetry with whatever treatment you choose to do. I would tend toward flat material and very clean lines, but I feel all these suggestions have merit, and ultimately, this becomes a matter of personal taste. I will post an idea for you shortly. Happy Houzzing.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.