homefun123

Window draperies

Justine McKinzie
hace 10 años
We live in cold Colorado so I'd like to use some draperies to warm-up this room. However we want to have them mostly open during the day for the natural light. And we have budget constraints. I can't decide whether to go neutral or pattern and what color love any advice. I also can't be too trendy since we can't afford to redo them. I still have unhinged artwork. Thanks in advance everyone.

Comentarios (10)

• Justine McKinzie
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I just bought the pillows, but love this suggestions, thanks!
  • Justine McKinzie
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
  • Justine McKinzie
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    This blue one I like (probably too pricey) has white (our wall color) and then my favorite color blue (got orange b/c thought complementary color to blue)
  • groveraxle
    hace 10 años
    I would go with a plain drape, especially with that patterned lamp shade. Besides, you're less likely to get tired of them.
  • yoboseiyo
    hace 10 años
    those pillows are a beautiful red-orange!
    a royal blue or a sky blue will go wonderfully with them.

i would also do a layer of sheers on a double rod, if you can afford it.
    even though you already have blinds, it'll make the drapes seem even more full.
    i'd also hang them 6-8" wider than the windows, if you have room, and as high as you can get them. they'll make your beautiful big windows seem even bigger and more substantial.
  • decoratinglady5
    hace 10 años
    I will be of no help to you sorry..just got lost looking at your dog,cute..
  • PRO
    Blindsgalore
    hace 10 años
    If you want the curtains to last through the years, you not only need to go for quality, but also avoid a bold pattern. You will definitely need two panels for your three windows that are in a row to frame those windows. You can probably get away with one panel on the window by the back of the couch. Photo below show example for hanging.

Blindsgalore Signature Drapery Panel: Borgata Silk Stripe · Más información

For the kitchen window, I suggest a simple faux wood blind. It will look good throughout the years, will be economical, and does well in moist environments like over the sink/stove area. You can pick a white color to go with your kitchen.

Blindsgalore 2-inch Faux Wood / Wood Alternative Blinds · Más información

For the sliding glass door, you could do curtains, which would be an economical option, but because that is a high traffic area, it may not hold up as long as you would want and you might have issues with the dog bowl there. This will probably where the bulk of your money will go, if you choose to go with a more durable option of a panel track blind.

http://www.blindsgalore.com/WindowProduct.asp?id=403702
  • PRO
    Anna Hill Designs
    hace 10 años
    I LOVE your new pillows.

I understand the hesitation of going too trendy, it's tempting but I also have that same fear for myself, probably for the same reasons you do.

However, I found these window treatment patterns that are shown here with a trendy-esque (new word) fabric. They would incorporate the pretty pillows, be inexpensive, easy to remove later, and still let in plenty of sunlight.

You could get traditional white or off white curtains/sheers that are not expensive for covering the window and that will always be in style, and top them with this valance.

Tracy Valance Pattern · Más información

You could also have a matching valance over your sink possibly. You do want to be careful that it doesn't look too fussy though, and the description says the ties are optional (and the fabric is reversible.) It doesn't require expensive hardware either which is a plus.

Having said that, blue is your favorite color, so perhaps you could borrow this idea and choose fabric you love with blue in it and have some made. I really don't think it would be very expensive. Here is one suggestion for fabric:

Catherine Valance Sewing Pattern · Más información

Note that these are patterns so if you know someone who sews or you sew, you may want to price it out, it could be much less expensive than buying readymade window treatments. It's always fun to fabric shop if you are into that kind of thing, and if so, you may really end up with a custom look for a fraction of the cost.
  • Justine McKinzie
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    That is the coolest computer program where you can add things to photos. thank you all so much. The sofa, pillows and area rug are new but I am not wedded to the lamp. Will probably get a modern floor lamp at some point.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.