Houzz Logo Print
eftwendy

Want to do faux concrete on shower wall

Wendy Stout
hace 10 años
I took a class on making counter tops (from Granicrete). You trowel on concrete, then faux paint it to look like any stone you want. ( I am an artist and can paint marble or granite) For the countertops, you then apply 2 part epoxy resin. I want to use a similar process over tile in a walk-in shower. Has anyone done anything like this? I cannot imagine pouring the 2 part epoxy on a vertical surface! What sealer would you use?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    Call Granicrete first - there may be some options but not identical to the counter method. Concrete is used as an outdoor material in construction.
  • regina5697
    hace 10 años
    Remember you'll have to clean that puppy! Just sayin'... Make sure it's an easy product to live with once done
  • Wendy Stout
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    It's funny. After I posted, Granicrete sent out a notice to all its students about a new product! It works with vertical applications! And Regina, that is great advice. I made a test top for a coffee table a few years ago. It is the easiest thing in the world to clean.
  • PRO
    Amanda Immurs- painting and faux finishing
    hace 10 años
    epoxy resin is usually self leveling and therefore won't work the same on a vertical surface
  • Wendy Stout
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Right Amanda - that's why they came out with a new product! I have no idea what it is - but I will find out!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.