Houzz Logo Print
mariajs

Shrubs

Maria S
hace 10 años
What guidelines do you follow when deciding the distance shrubs are from the house? I keep reading that all parts of a mature shrub need to be at least 2 feet away from a house. Is that unnecessary?
Front foundation planting on Philadelphia's Main Line · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Aardweg Landscaping
    hace 10 años
    Maria,
    I have been planting for 40 years - I've heard that, but only from painters, home inspectors and maybe a few others. They will/may tell you it will give you problems with insects, mold, moisture....you name it. I plant right up against the house. I of course make sure that the ground slopes away from the house - otherwise you will have moisture/rain issues. I have Never had problems from clients. The big problem inexperienced folks [and many "pros"] encounter is planting material that will readily outgrow the space. I have no doubts others will disagree - but for me, the 40 years of experience I have with no issues trumps all their arguments against. We may have to prune shrubs that are right on the foundation - but we know that going in.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.