Houzz Logo Print
crp1234

This Mirror - Yay or Nay?

crp1234
hace 10 años
Do you like this mirror? If not, what would you recommend?
Yes - This Mirror Works
No - This Mirror Doesn't Work

Comentarios (37)

• crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    FYI - This is the main level powder bath near the front entry/door.
  • Kim Brandon
    hace 10 años
    I would try a rectangle shape with a heavy frame same colour and trim as the vanity.
  • kiyoshima
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Love this especially for a power room!! But part of me feels like it may be a little small for the size of the vanity.
  • qam999
    hace 10 años
    The mirror does work, in the sense that color, style, shape etc. are acceptable and not discordant. (I don't care too much for it but that was not your question.)
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Yes it works. Now go different faucets. Use dark gray accessories.
  • PRO
    Studio Boise, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Although the frame is quite large, the actual mirror is too small.
  • makennac
    hace 10 años
    I really like the mirror. It has substance, depth, individuality. But I think it's too small for the space. It looks a little lost and, I think it blends too perfectly with that gorgeous cabinet. I'd like to see a tall, rectangular mirror, silver gilt, carved open-work. In this case I'd like to see your mirror should be have a taller footprint on the wall than the cabinet has beneath it, if your ceiling is high enough. But I'd keep the white mirror and incorporate it into an eclectic gallery grouping elsewhere in your home.
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    It sounds like the mirror size may be too small. How wide should the mirror/frame be? It shouldn't be wider than the cabinet, correct?
  • Heather S
    hace 10 años
    too small. It feels overpowered by the vanity.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 10 años
    If it is too small why not paint a large dark grey circle behind it that exceeds it by an inch or so all the way around? This will empahsize the design, add visual weight and provide a true focal point.
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    Mirror is great...just looks like hung too low.
  • PRO
    DesignHouse Inc - House Plans
    hace 10 años
    I love the mirror but not for this space, I believe it needs to be taller. Adding a mirror that has some silver/chrome accents would make your hardware pop also.
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Any specific mirrors you would recommend?
  • Emily H
    hace 10 años
    I really like the mirror, but it feels a bit more artdeco to me over a pretty traditional vanity. I say YAY on the mirror, but possibly in another spot in the house.
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Design House - The photos on your site are great. How can I find a designer in Cincinnati that has that 3D software? What is it called?
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Emily - I'm not an Art Deco fan :/

So should I just return the mirror? The whole house is more of a transitional style.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Cabrera Rectangular Framed Wall Mirror · Más información

Channing Mirror - Williams-Sonoma Home · Más información

Examples are attached... just make sure the mirror is taller than it is wide. I do believe that would work better in your space.

You don't even have to find a silver one, if the frame/style is right. You can add silver leaf or rub-n-buff - if your crafty. I found light fixtures that I loved for our master bath but the finish was a bit off. I added some silver rub-n-buff and now they are perfect. :-) Seal the frame to protect the new finish... should you take on that adventure. ;-)

I honestly don't know anyone in Cincinnati but I use Chief Architect and clients LOVE it. They really get to "see" what the house will look like before it's started, instead of just a bunch of lines on a page. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you find. :-)
  • kborrego
    hace 10 años
    i think the mirror is lovely. Maybe you could add some more circular mirrors or even mix it up in order to create a collage of mirrors.
    That would be really different and neat!
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    DesignHouse- you are amazing! I love the mirror image you posted! I was hoping to do wallpaper but thought he original frame would be too busy with it. Your option would work well with wall paper.

I will try to find someone in Cincy that has that software. I'm so sick of looking at line drawings. My imagination is pretty good, but not for furniture.

Additionally, this powder room is very long. Any ideas on how to fill out the space (specifically between the toilet and vanity)?
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    http://hawthorndrive.blogspot.com/2012/07/refresher-weekend.html
    Here's an idea above the toilet... I'd do a tall plant or some kind of decorative storage between.
  • sisterearth
    hace 10 años
    Ain't nothing wrong with that mirror. If YOU like it, then it works. YOU have to live with it. Not the people on this board.
  • PRO
    Niche for Design
    hace 10 años
    The style of the mirror is nice with the vanity, but it is not tall enough to fill the space. Something Rectangular or oval would be better. Alternately adding a light above the mirror would help to add balance.
  • renee kent
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I love it. I like how the round mirror "reflects" (no pun intended) the corners and footing of your vanity. If I entered your bathroom my jaw would drop and I'd say, "How did they find this gorgeous perfect-fit mirror?" Ingenious find!
  • crp1234
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    How about this one?
  • paula sanfilippo
    hace 9 años
    keep the original one if it's a bathroom that you just freshen up . it looks great
  • PRO
    Ottawa General Contractors
    hace 9 años
    Very unique, but doesn't belong in this space.
  • PRO
    Hibou Design & Co.
    hace 9 años
    Beautiful piece, but not quite right. The proportions are off. The new one is a better size but not the right colour. I'd go with something lighter and brighter with the new wallpaper up. Maybe something simple like a rectangular mirrored frame. Kind of like the one Design House Inc listed. It would be perfect.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 9 años
    Neither mirror.
  • PRO
    ParkCraft
    hace 9 años
    I love the mirror but would like it better in the hallway maybe or would paint the walls a fun color if leaving it in the bathroom.
  • PRO
    ParkCraft
    hace 9 años
    I like the second one better and love the wallpaper!!!
  • Chem K
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    love the wallpaper. your second mirror looks gold on my screen and clashes with the tapware/ cabinet handles. Some bigger alternatives:
    Mirrored Greek Key Mirror · Más información

Bassett Mirror Transitions Neo Rectangle Wall Mirror in Silver Leaf · Más información
  • Sandi
    hace 9 años
    the mirror needs to be bigger, its off balance
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    hace 9 años
    If you stick with the mirror you initially asked about, I suggest swapping out the hardware on the vanity to pick up the angular lines. You mint find something in an oriental or a deco design that can work well—and have fun searching for the right pieces.
  • PRO
    Kor Design Build, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    The mirror is cool but doesn't go in the bathroom. I like chemayne's options
  • samantha018
    hace 9 años
    I like the mirror, but not in the bathroom....
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.