Houzz Logo Print
dbratel

Help design my powder room around these unique fixtures

Deb
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
I just bought a new home that has Kohler Artist Edition fixutres. I like this pedestal sink and toilet...but dislike everything else in the room. I am willing to redo everything to make the most of these unique pieces. Need help with colors and how to ditch the 90's look. I lean toward classic, tailored design and mix in rustic elements. Thank you!

Comentarios (23)

• Melody Reed
    hace 10 años
    I'd lose the stripes and pick a paint shade from the tile for the walls. It's gonna be great!
    Deb agradeció a Melody Reed
  • PRO
    Italian Interiors
    hace 10 años
    when looking at that sink, my first though was of some black tiling, eithr in floor/backsplash/shower area. it is a bit of a more bold direction, but used with the right combination can really turn this space into a wow-space. use the design in sink and toilet as your point of reference, and pick up on tis colour and pattern to filter the other selections. to keep the space from being too strong, be sure to hold an amount of clean whites to balance the space.
    Deb agradeció a Italian Interiors
  • PRO
    I B J
    hace 10 años
    Please review The Sanchez project in my profile, same space, cost effective, sleek and clean together
    Deb agradeció a I B J
  • Deb
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you. I would like to keep these fixtures and work with them. Any ideas on tile and paint colors to make the most of these unique pieces.
  • PRO
    I B J
    hace 10 años
    Marble floors and wall will tie these fixtures all together,
    Deb agradeció a I B J
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 10 años
    You can go simple and elegant or raise the ante to match the drama of the fixtures.

Do you like wallpaper? Something more up to date than the 1990's stripe might be quite striking.

Kohler will probably be able to tell you which tile manufacturers stock a matching plain tile in the ivory or off white. A tile floor might be the way to go, either one of the colors in the pattern or the background.
    Deb agradeció a apple_pie_order
  • regina5697
    hace 10 años
    I agree with 2reed. Once the striped paper is removed, the room will be much less dated. I actually think you are closer than you think in this bathroom. It doesn't need much additional decorating because the fixtures can stand alone.
    I did like the subtle wall papers exampled above. Those were elegant.
    Everything seems to be in very good condition. Do you plan in changing flooring?
    Deb agradeció a regina5697
  • Deb
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I will take off the wallpaper and I am open to changing the flooring & all tile. I will do anything to make the most of these unique (and pricey) fixtures. I would want them to stand on their own and become a unique feature in our home. Do you like brass with them, or would chrome be better??
  • regina5697
    hace 10 años
    In this rare instance I like the brass. My opinion. If you hate it, change it. Not sure how to do that and keep the matching faucet handles. But, I really like it with brass.
  • regina5697
    hace 10 años
    I found this brass light fixture... It's elegant and modern. 2 flanking the mirror would be lovely and perhaps make you feel better about the brass.
  • regina5697
    hace 10 años
    Eww. That photo didn't turn out. Let me try it via link...
    http://houzz.com/photos/115962
  • Judy M
    hace 10 años
    Taller mirror and remove light over mirror and replace with 2 lights, one on each side of mirror.

The design on fixtures look like waves, what about pebble tile?
    Or I would consider wood look tile for floor.
    Deb agradeció a Judy M
  • PRO
    Capozzi Design Build
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I love the recommendations of the single sconce on each side of the mirror, as well as repetition of the brass. A simple tile that looks like wood, as mentioned above, is perfect for the floor. I would recommend a simple painted wall, but pulling the colors together by using a glass tile to frame the mirror. The colors in the glass tile could pick up on the colors in the sink and toilet. Here is one manufacturer of that glass tile. You can use the color palette to create a custom blend of tile. Oceanside Tile is one such provider, this picture is from that website-- check it out http://www.houzz.com/pro/oceansideglasstile/oceanside-glasstile
  • Deb agradeció a Judy M
  • Deb agradeció a Judy M
  • Judy M
    hace 10 años
    Deb agradeció a Judy M
  • Deb agradeció a Judy M
  • PRO
    Cabinets To Go
    hace 10 años
    A great idea for a bathroom is a small vanity over the toilet, this allows for you to be able to hide your bathroom needs as well as create more space, especially with a smaller bathroom space.
    Deb agradeció a Cabinets To Go
  • Deb
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Wow! Thank you all. Yes to wood floor! This is a powder room, so wood will work. There are wide plank pine floors in many areas of the home. I plan to add more ..so a few more sq ft in the powder room will not break the bank. The brass sconces are great. Clean, contemporary and almost brushed. Wonderful! I love the idea of pulling colors out of the sink with glass tile. I feel it's a fresh way of pulling the burgandy & green from the sink without looking dated. Wonderful ideas! Keep them coming.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 10 años
    Strip the wallpaper. Paint it a deep, rich color. add pretty sconces ( not the ones above, they are awful) get thick beautiful towels and artifacts in neutral and warm tones. Add a gorgeous rug... maybe a sheepskin in neutral/natural.
    Deb agradeció a Sustainable Dwellings
  • usergray
    hace 10 años
    Gorgeous sink!
    -tile floor, mid-to-dark tones..take dark shade from sink.
    -new tub/shower doors
    -you need a classical wall update. Use 'old/historical' dull shade that compliments the colour in your sink and tile floor to ceiling.
    Deb agradeció a usergray
  • Deb
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Update! Since my original post, we have closed on this home and moved in. We are in the middle of remodeling this room and many others in the home. I took Houzz contributors advice and we are repurposing this unqiue sink and toilet in the powder room. We've added wide plank hardwork floors, and painted the walls a very dark, dull but rich brown. I'm searching for the right light fixutre, faucet and other accessories now. I will post an updated photo in a few weeks when we finish the room. Thank you all.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.