Houzz Logo Print
katiescarlette

What to do about those side windows when painting the front door? Help

hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
I'm thinking of painting my front door a dark blue and I have sidelights flanking the door. My question is should I paint the side lights the same color as the door, or do I leave them white like the rest of the trim. In browsing Houzz I'm seeing both. Is there a design rule?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    hace 10 años
    I think it's personal preference. I like the idea of the door being a different color.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Pictures always help. Leave the trim white. (Frame the windows and doors in the same trim color)
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Harding and Maguire have given you excellent advice. I agree with the door being separate from the trim surrounding it.
  • hace 10 años
    Thanks for your comments! I'm attaching a couple of pics. One of a house similar to mine and the other what I was thinking of. Sorry - I should've done this before posting. Any more thoughts would be appreciated.
  • hace 10 años
    opps the second didn't attach. here it is.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.