prh2dogs

Lightening paint? 50%, 75%?

Paula
hace 22 días

Not even sure I am asking correctly... I have a blue I have used in an office, and it is a darker color especially due to very little natural light - but it is great in there. I would like the actual color, just a very pale version of it, in the bedroom down the hall. I have read about lightening and wonder if this would be a good choice. Has anyone done this with good success? Is it better to just try to find another color, or even just go with the trim color (BM Alabaster) on both walls and trims? This bedroom will get some light so I know that is a factor as well.

Thank you.

Comentarios (7)

• Paula
    Autor original
    hace 22 días

SW Dutch Tile Blue

• wdccruise
    hace 21 días
    1. Browse to the Sherwin-Williams All Blues webpage.
    2. Click 'Muted'.
    3. Dutch Tile blue is in the 4th row, 4th column.
    4. Niebla Azul (2nd row, 2nd column), Tradewind (1st row, 5th column), and Lullaby (1st row, 2nd column) and appear similar but lighter.
    Paula agradeció a wdccruise
  • Marylee H
    hace 21 días

These are near neighbours to SW Dutch Tile Blue.

They are higher in value + lower in chroma, so lighter and that bit more neutral than SW Dutch Tile Blue.

Paula agradeció a Marylee H
  • Marylee H
    hace 21 días

FB Borrowed Light + BM Mountain Mist are much lower in chroma again, so the most near neutral options of all.

Paula agradeció a Marylee H
  • Paula
    Autor original
    hace 21 días

wow, you guys are awesome - thank you so much!

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    hace 21 días

Is it better to just try to find another color

Always. The search can be done digitally like Marylee H did and you can pull the chips to evaluate.

If nothing shows up +/- in terms of lightness and/or intensity, then going the cutting formula route makes sense.

Cutting formulas means you have no idea what you're going to get until it's mixed, swatched and dry. At which point you own the custom mix whether you like it or not.

Paula agradeció a Lori A. Sawaya
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.