Houzz Logo Print
bwinkler1971

Master Bath Decor Help

Becky Winkler
el último mes

I’m having decorators block with decorating our long, somewhat narrow master bath. I dont know what to put on the wall above the toilet and the tub? One large display or something different above toilet and then above tub? (That shelf that is there is coming down) And, what to put in the wall on the left? Gah!!! Help!

Please offer any ideas you may have.

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Wiles Design Group
    el último mes

You said the piece of wood is coming down right? You might consider looking at some artwork for the walls. Please take a moment to look through all of the bathroom designs we have included here for you.

Modern Oasis Renovation · Más información

Northfork Update · Más información

Historic and Grand Home · Más información

Swisher Classic Family Home · Más información

Transitional Update · Más información

Becky Winkler agradeció a Wiles Design Group
  • Kendrah
    el último mes

I'd hang a much larger, perhaps spherical, chandelier that is the focal point of this end of the room and takes away the need for artwork. Artwork adorns the long walls and you don't need to draw your eye to the length of the narrow room. You need something that highlights the width.

Can you show us the other end of your room?

Becky Winkler agradeció a Kendrah
  • enajasereht
    el último mes

A throw rug with horizontal stripes would give the illusion of wider width.

Becky Winkler agradeció a enajasereht
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    el último mes

I would just lower tha shelf and add some nice jars with bubble bath epsom salts etc maybe a jar of scubbies too

Becky Winkler agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Becky Winkler
    Autor original
    el último mes

Our walk in shower is at the other end of the room.

• Becky Winkler
    Autor original
    el último mes

• Kendrah
    el último mes

The walls may feel empty to you but I think the space has a lot of visual impact already and art work is going to make it feel cluttered. Countertop cabinet, countertop material, shower floor, shower wall tiles up to the ceiling,. There is a lot going on in a small space. Empty is nice and will make your space look even better.

Becky Winkler agradeció a Kendrah
  • Valerie-Anne Joseph
    el último mes

I may betray my age and this might very well be an unpopular choice but did you ever consider wallpaper? There are several options that are made for bathrooms (moisture issue) and it is by far the easiest way to bring some interest. Also, wainscoting might be a great option as well.

Becky Winkler agradeció a Valerie-Anne Joseph
  • Becky Winkler
    Autor original
    el último mes

I love wallpaper! I have actually been throwing that idea around also. I just dont want it to be too much. I’m trying to create a feel of casual elegance in our bath, but so far it just feels blah and unfinished.

• ffpalms
    el último mes
    Última modificación: el último mes

You could put towel hooks on the left, and a gallery wall over the tub and toilet. You may find some canvas prints that you love.

Becky Winkler agradeció a ffpalms
  • Becky Winkler
    Autor original
    el último mes

Kelly, i agree the room does feel larger. Wallpaper on the top half of the wall is a great idea.

Ffpalms, i love the idea of hooks on the left and a gallery wall over the tub/toilet. i think id also get a larger light fixture over the tub.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.