Houzz Logo Print
hunternm

copper water pipe hole repair

Lauren De Buyer
el último mes

I was working on replacing the shut off valve and accidentally drilled a hole on the copper T water pipe. I am guessing there is no other way to fix it than replacing the T? How much do you think is reasonable to get a plumber to get it repaired? Thanks.

The little bump above the flange is where the leakage is. I was using a puller to get the old compression ring out and accidentally went too far and caused it.

Comentarios (7)

• millworkman
    el último mes

Probably $200-300 bucks, location dependent.

Lauren De Buyer agradeció a millworkman
  • klem1
    el último mes

I'd charge a neighbor at least a six pak plus $5 to cover Sil-Fos. For kin folks and strangers I'd undercut Millman and do it for $199-299 bucks.

• woodbutcher_ca
    el último mes

Hi, I think the burning question is Why would you need a drill to change the angle stops.

Good Luck Woodbutcher

• woodbutcher_ca
    el último mes

HI, Sorry, I did not read you put the hole in with your puller.

Good Luck Woodbutcher

• Jake The Wonderdog
    el último mes
    Última modificación: el último mes

Of course, since we already know you are handy, you could learn to sweat copper. Buy a torch, some flux, solder and cleaning tools. Then practice on some fittings that you buy just for that purpose.

I'm sure that there are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it.

Just make sure the water is out of the pipe well below where you are trying to solder.

• klem1
    el último mes

Or Flex Seal? (;

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.