webuser_195567850

kitchen window seat window treatment help

hace 2 meses

Ideas for window treatment for this window seat in my kitchen. I’m considering curtains or a linen Roman shade. Really want to let a lot of light in but also need the option of privacy.

Comentarios (9)

• hace 2 meses

What about solar roller shades?

• PRO
    hace 2 meses

Speaking as a window treatment professional... Roman shades or plantation shutters would look awesome there.

A solar shade would work also and they give very good daytime privacy but not so good night time privacy when the lights are on in that room.

• hace 2 meses

Thanks for the recommendation! Would you mount Roman shades inside or outside/ above?

• PRO
    hace 2 meses

Depends on the depth of the window and whether or not you want to see any of the trim surround the window when the shade is down. You might be able to do 2 smaller shades inside the window casing or just one large shades mounted flush at the top of the trim.

And depending on what fabric you select, you could also have a seat cushion made from the same fabric (or at least a coordinating color)

• hace 2 meses

I love cafe curtains and they're making a big comeback. It's ideal for a room like a kitchen where you may not need or want a full shade for privacy purposes. A fun roman shade could look nice too, but I hate how roman shades (or at least, my roman shades) look from the outside. Otherwise consider a wood shade/blind. Personally I hate plantation shutters and they are not a solution I would recommend if you want light - they block most of it even when open.

• hace 2 meses

I am loving the cafe curtain look as well. Would you hang them at the center of the windows or above?

• hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

If privacy is important, I would get cordless inside-mount honeycomb shade because when they are up they take up very little space. You have a fabulous view, a roman shade will partially block the upper portions of your view, which to me are the nicest areas to look at. My second choice would be cafe curtains to hide the street and driveway, while making the most of the upper portions of the view. Solar shades are nice too, but will provide very little privacy at night.

• hace 2 meses

That is a good point!

• hace 2 meses

I'd have an inside mount bar for the cafe curtains placed probably right in the middle of the window. Rejuvenation sells them in a variety of finishes.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.