luiss6

Floor tiles for white kitchen

luiss6
hace 2 meses

Hello,
We are renovating our kitchen - will have mat white minimalist slab doors, off white quartz worktop and gloss white splashback. We would like to get a dark walnut wooden effect porcelain tiles to go with it (also matching the colour of the flooring in the rest of the flat - walnut wooden floor).

Any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks

Comentarios (7)

• rinked
    hace 2 meses

So there's walnut flooring and you want tiles to match? Will the floors meet?

• luiss6
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Yes they will meet

• PRO
    Studio 84 Interiors
    hace 2 meses

You will probably not be able to get a perfect match between floors. I would choose a different tile.

• Sonia
    hace 2 meses

My sister has dark chestnut wood effect porcelain tiles in her kitchen but she chose a patterned tile in her hall and utility. The only way you can see if they will match is to get samples of your proposed floor maybe?

• Isla Cherry
    hace 2 meses

Even if you managed to get an acceptable match tone wise they are still two different materials and most likely of different thicknesses. I would chose something contrasting and make the join as neat as possible maybe in a straight line stopping at a convenient point or feature.

• rinked
    hace 2 meses

When the floors meet, i agree with the above, pick a different color and texture. For example a medium dark travertin (-look), so the warmth continues without mismatching.

Not the best example, but you get the idea:

• luiss6
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Thank you all for your suggestions - would you pick for the kitchen a tile which doesn’t have a wood effect? Or stick to the wood effect but if different colour?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.