Houzz Logo Print
leanne_molino

need help with kitchen floor tile

L M
hace 2 meses

In the process of redoing my kitchen. Going with a Taj Mahal quartzite and white shaker cabinet. Attached is the potential floor tile. It’s called corta gray from floor and decor. Any other suggestions? Not looking for a white floor look. Thank you!!

Comentarios (24)

• dani_m08
    hace 2 meses

Will all of your floors be the same? I would go with a wood floor - I’ve had hardwood floors in my kitchen since I built in 1996. The only issue was when the water line for my refrigerator was hooked up incorrectly (boards flatened back to normal after a few weeks).

• J Mig
    hace 2 meses

On my monitor, the gray tones in the floor don’t really pick up the brown tones in the quartzite. So I would look for some thing that leaned more brown. Again, on my screen, the white is very stark against the quartzite.

• akrogirl32
    hace 2 meses

I agree. Medium wood tones work really well with Taj Mahal, and add some warmth to a white kitchen.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

I just realized I had a typo in my post. I have original hardwoods in my house from the 1970s so I don’t want to try and match them and I don’t want to redo the floors for the entire downstairs, which is why I was going with a tile for the kitchen, that is what I have in there now (tile). Any other tile ideas that aren’t wood look?

• Cookie Montgomery
    hace 2 meses

Matching hardwoods isn't difficult. I had my 1955 hardwoods matched easily. The cost for feathering in new oak hardwood was less than half the cost of going with tile.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Ours are honey/orangey hardwood and I don’t necessarily want to keep that color. But I am not ready to spend to refinish and stain throughout the entire house yet.

• herbflavor
    hace 2 meses

a sample of your counter choice is best noted in your space. we dont know that. Your cab color trends cool......taj counters can be chameleon like...I dont think gray family is great for floor but given things like the setting and the actual piece of material etc ccertain grays might be fine. the gray you show isnt enough differentiation for me. Id try darker to have a grounding effect in the space. again its really about what these things do in a composition in your space.

for the family of gray this has more appeal in my opinion and their counter is a white quartzite.

the stage where you line up 6 floor samples in your light next to your cabs isnt presented.....I would back up and do that....a little more time but worth it.

1920's Two Family Outside Davis Sq · Más información

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Thank you, I posted a picture of the Taj slab we have. I’m wondering if a beige floor would be better. I do like this picture you posted, it’s pretty.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

This is the quartzite slab.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

How would this look instead of the Corta gray that is in the original pictures.

• PRO
    Minardi
    hace 2 meses

The selections are great separately. Not together. That particular slab of Taj is very calm and sedate. Fine if you have interesting wood cabinets, with some grain. Yawn with white cabinets. The plain beige and gray tiles are insipid and boring. They add no life. You need the life and warmth of the wood floors. Or else do a much more lively and interesting counter and backsplash. Or wood cabinets.

• herbflavor
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

. your taj slab seems to offer gray in the top half...do you know which part of the slab your pieces get cut from ??it matters. your preferences lean to very light not bold anything and it does actually become difficult to marry it all.......it is easier if one element veers and offers a lot of contrast. its going to all be fine but this is a little bit tricky. they tape off where the counter is cut from...Id find that out or know my options on that slab...

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

I will have to ask. I know my Taj lot is 8784.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

This is the original hardwood I have in the house and even if I matched it, I don’t think it would go well with the Taj.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

How would this wood vinyl look with the Taj, I have this in my family room so I could continue into the kitchen and the entire first floor to have continuity.

• PRO
    Minardi
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

The original hardwood is AMAZING! It's perfect to add the life that's missing from the choices. Absolutely no fake plastic wood close to the real thing. The real thing outshines it in every way.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

I’m not sure how to match it since it’s those skinny wood planks….

• PRO
    Minardi
    hace 2 meses

Any wood flooring pro can source the original 2 1/2" planks.

• cpartist
    hace 2 meses

You can still get the original wood planks. And as mentioned it would be much better than any of your choices. In fact if you feather in the wood, do it in your family room too. Nothing is worse than having fake vinyl floor with real wood.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

I’m going to look into it. I didn’t originally even consider trying to match the original floors so I’m not sure where to begin or what questions I should be asking when I look for them.

• L M
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Do you think this is close to the original color?

• chispa
    hace 2 meses

For site finished wood floors you need to work with a flooring contractor and not a big box store. They will install unfinished boards and stain to match the olds ones. Try to find a local company that has been around for a long time. The guy I used in my previous city/state was the third generation running the same wood floor company.

• Lorraine Leroux
    hace 2 meses

I think the wood you chose looks like a pretty good match but I would buy a whole box and lay it out and see how you feel with it since in most boxes of hardwood you never find only one colour like the sample. I am unsure how it would look with the Taj. I guess that is your next step, put them together.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.