Houzz Logo Print
jewelc20

Taking down the bar. Need ideas with pantry and maybe add a nook

jewelc20
hace 2 meses

We are taking down this bar by the door to the garage and planning to add a pantry. At first, we are planning to just add a tall cabinet as a pantry to replace the sink area, but been thinking of maybe just extending the pantry at least maybe 6" from the door. Planning to put maybe a small seating area, maybe a small couch and small table, or add a little nook. Would love to get some input on this project. Thank you all in advance for your help! I added some photos.

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 meses

I need a to scale floor plan of the whole area including the kitchen On graph paper show every window , doorways where they lead. Every measurement clearly marked and posted here in jpeg format in a comment . Infact DO NOT start another post just all things about this issue dealt with here in comments .

• jackowskib
    hace 2 meses

Looks like a basement bar set up?

• kandrewspa
    hace 2 meses

Do you know if the flooring goes under the cabinetry, or are you going to have holes in the flooring when you remove the bar?

• woodrose
    hace 2 meses

Why do you need a seating area inside a pantry? Pantries are usually for storage only and don't have seating areas. Are you getting rid of the counter and stools, too?

• PRO
    CAGE Design Build
    hace 2 meses

Please provide a floor plan so it can be fully discussed what can be done within the space.

• jewelc20
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Thank you all. The L shaped bar area will be removed plus counter stools so there will be a big space. The pantry will be just like tall cabinets against the wall plus where the mirror is. What do you think I should put on the empty space or should I just leave it open? I was just thinking to put like a small seating area so it doesn't look empty. We're putting new flooring. But not sure if they're putting the flooring first or the pantry cabinet or vice versa.

• arcy_gw
    hace 2 meses

So you want a mud room type area? Seating so one can come in take shoes off put coats away? THAT makes sense but a seating area near the garage door for chatting--not so much....but for clarity we really need to see more of the area beyond your pics.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 meses

Wiyhout that floor plan I asked for at the beginning there is no way to get real help.

• Sammie J
    hace 2 meses

We have no idea what is adjacent to the bar or how this space relates to the rest of the home. Where is the kitchen? How bit is the space? What is your style? We really need at least pics of the areas surrounding the bar space, and the measurements of the bar area, to give you any sort of advice.

• jewelc20
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Here are the additional photos beyond the bar area. This shows the layout of the space. Thank you all.

• PRO
  • jackowskib
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

Your photos are very telling just by all the stuff resting on the bar stools that are crying for a place to go. The back wall on left of the garage door could be fashioned like a mudroom for hanging/storing outerwear, bookbags, etc. Perhaps a bench seat where the mirror/cabinet are, with some artwork or shelving above the bench seat. The wall behind the bar could have a nice pantry storage there for kitchen supply overflow that is always useful.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.