Houzz Logo Print
kelly_greene1

Help, my new Health food store needs updates!

Kelly Greene
hace 2 meses
última modificación:hace 2 meses

I know this is not a home project but maybe someone could offer me some advice. My husband and I just bought a small health food store which was was last updated 17 years ago. I know the walls need to be lighter, but I need help with some new furniture pieces (especially behind the register) and updated decor items for the walls. Thanks in advance!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    hace 2 meses

Some options could include:

1) Changing the material on the front of the counter to something less 90's looking. You could also paint it a different color for less money.

2) The ceiling could be painted flat black. With lighter colors on the walls the eye would be drawn more to the display areas and the ceiling would fade into the background.

3) Use artwork and decoration to create a unified theme. Right now it seems more like a hodge-podge.

4) Try to keep all shelving and display areas the same or very similar materials. That way the customer doesn't see the shelf, just what's displayed there.

Make smaller less expensive changes first and see what you think before going further.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 2 meses

I always start by researching what is already out there. Do your own research & understand your competition.

Develop a philosophy for your store. You might want to state it somewhere for customers.

Remember the only wall space for making any statement is above the racks as they do in any grocery store.

• Kendrah
    hace 2 meses

The furniture behind the register looks very functional and sturdy. (Nice Boos top.) Do you need it to serve a different function or you just don't like the look of what is there now? I'd paint the black parts the same light color that you paint the walls so it blends in more.

Take down all of the artwork everywhere. Hanging pictures in here makes this feel more like a house than a real business. Have a large sign with your company logo on the wall above the peanut butter machines. Anything you hang in here should make people want to purchase more products or remember your name.

I think the wood on the counter will look pretty beautiful against a nice light - white hopefully - colored wall.

Do you need that tank of a table next to the shopping carts?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    hace 2 meses

I think having a new color on the walls may make a big difference and negate the need to change much else. The yellow-y and green colors are kind of icky. I think I like the murals, tho.

Can you get rid of the dropped ceilings? Some places have exposed conduits and HVAC ducts painted in different colors, which has a more contemporary look and airy feel.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    hace 2 meses

Just to repeat about the current ‘art’. Toss it (same advice I’d give a homeowner with word art). Have a photograph of you and your spouse in front of an apple tree, or old photographs of your downtown, or a cluster of photos of your suppliers on their farms. Something that tells your story not hobby lobby.

• apple_pie_order
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

BeverlyFLADezner's photos show places that are professionally designed to be more upmarket and fun (Trader Joe's) rather than utilitarian (Rite Aid). Research your market to see who your customers are. Look at average receipts per customer. Look at your competition, especially professionally designed stores like Trader Joe's.

If you intend to paint the walls and ceiling, change your lighting first, then consult the paint color pros for colors that coordinate well with the beautiful warm wood flooring. The new plug-and-play LED replacements for fluorescents may give the store a new look.

I would start by decluttering the counter and collection of things behind the counter. A clean, smooth counter with one display of impulse purchases (single serving bags of chips, nuts, dried fruit) gives a better look and an additional profit center. If you have old but good stock that is not selling fast enough to deserve its shelf space (or that you want to discontinue), you can donate it to a food bank. Half price sales are a good way to move old unexpired stock out of the store, too.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.