belinda_may88

Decorating my Victorian east facing dining room

Belinda May
hace 3 meses

We have had an orangery side return joining our east facing dining room.. at present we have side wall lamps.. central light and side lamps on cabinetry.. planning on new cabinets either side of opened chimney space painted to match fire surround and lighten room.. to include wallpaper on chimney breast and alcoves.. just worried that will still appear dark.. I intend using this room for family dining when more that 5 are here... getting rid of dark furniture and probably looking to light oak table & chairs only...

Comentarios (6)

• Belinda May
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

Dining room space .. we preferred not to open up to the front of the house but need to lighten dining room.. hopefully when opening space painted white this will reflect..

• Isla Cherry
    hace 3 meses

As your kitchen is dark I would definitely start with white. Grey, white, cream and all the neutrals will go with that deep green. Consider a modern low sideboard in oak with a large mirror above to bounce light around. I like your wallpaper but would steer clear of the light pink background. You want to wallpaper to last a while and pink and green is a current colour trend. A natural wood dining table and chairs would look great against that kitchen backdrop.

• rinked
    hace 3 meses

If there's a lack of natural light, white won't do a lot. Artificial light will likely make it look stark. Work with the dark instead of against it and opt for a warm and cozy dining feel. Pick colors/paper that complement the kitchen units, for coherence. Light oak table will work, but i'd suggest painting the legs the kitchen color if you intend to place it directly on the floor (without rug) (i'm not keen on rugs under a table). Tried to find some photos on here for inspiration:

Scott/ Leger Home · Más información

Hampstead (2) · Más información

Contemporary Dining Room · Más información

Chicago Dark Transitional Dining Room · Más información

Forbes Street Residence · Más información

• PRO
    The Living House
    hace 3 meses

Hi Belinda May, the wallpaper you have found will be a lovely feature in the space and it brings the outside in, with its botanical pattern. The pink tones will work lovely with the colour of your kitchen. If you're kitchen doesn't get much natural light, it can be better to lean into this and embrace the darkness by opting for a dark paint colour. This would create a cosy space too.

If you would like any guidance and help with your home, we are an online interior design company offering expert advice with affordable packages. Heres the link to our website if you would like to take a look - https://www.thelivinghouse.co.uk/

• rinked
    hace 3 meses

:)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.