Houzz Logo Print
jenlutz82

How to modernize the hallway?

jenlutz82
hace 3 meses
última modificación:hace 3 meses

Hi! all of the bedroom doors in the home look like this. I dont love the gold hardware and contemplated possibly painting the doors in an effort to modernize the house a bit and brighten the hallways. Are these doors out of style? what can i do?

Comentarios (5)

• housegal200
    hace 3 meses

Get lighter modern runners for the hallway that have a bit of gold in them to harmonize with your floors. Here's one that incorporates gray (your walls) and gold tones from floor. Gray walls are always look closed in and gloomy in hallways.

Hand Tufted Oasis Wool Rug OAS-1099 - 2'6" x 8' · Más información

Can you change out overhead light or is that a pot light? Look how warm this hallway looks with light walls in great lighting.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 3 meses

I think the pics on the wallsa re the dated part . Get all matching frames in metal bigger and smaller mattes but all hung in a row not stacked that will instantly cahnge the feel of the hallway.The walls on color no stripes and I would paint the doors only becuase the finish is not attractive and for sure not modern.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

the baseboards and door trim are certainly dated. go to a 5" flat baseboard and it will update.

get a flush mount ceiling light, paint the doors, new lever hardware

instead of lots of tiny frames, do larger frames,,,

see the light? the frames? the baseboard?

baseboard?

baseboard. (and matching frames of size/pictures.

or, do a gallery w/matching frames/mats. these are diff pics, but the frames /matting all match

if you want color, do color. just make sure you have enough lighting and everything blends well

I realize redoing the baseboard is a huge job. I've done it throughout my home too. used to have the same as you. it's worth it.

my hallway is almost identical to yours. I have this baseboard:

painted the walls Simply White, and have this light

at the far end I have a wall I painted black and hung some custom art. (similar to the look Pic 5 has is what my hallway looks like. excpt I have a linen closet on the right)

thinking about doing the ceiling in black too. Oh, and I just ordered a runner from Loloi rugs.

similar to this but a diff color

u could do something similar. make sure to use whiter bulbs so it's not so yellow.

paint your door whatever color you like. but those baseboards and trim, new wall color/new rug, will have a huge change.

• HU-187528210
    hace 3 meses

I like the wood doors.
    I’d replace the hardware. And new runners.
    Maybe do some wallpaper or wainscoting down the halls with some sconces …

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors: The Hamptons
    hace 13 días

Have you considered updating the door trim (and baseboards) along with the hardware? Maybe also try a lighter runner for the space to help brighten what's already there.

Simply High Line · Más información

Hamptons Loft · Más información

Upscale Hallways · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.