Houzz Logo Print
jamminjulia

Need help with tiny bathroom layout

jamminjulia
hace 10 años
I'm in the planning stages for a complete down-to-the-studs remodel of my tiny second floor bathroom. Currently there is only a tiny bit of floor space and the fixtures are very crowded. The first attached image shows a measured diagram of the current layout... it's pretty bad. I'm thinking of replacing the tub with a custom shower to open things up a bit. What is the ideal layout for the fixtures?

The second image is one layout I've been considering... how can I improve upon it?

My main goal with the layout is to make the room feel larger, and provide more space to move around.

Flexibility:
It would be best if the toilet stayed on Wall D... as that is where the plumbing stack is and the joists run from wall A to wall C. The door could be moved to any point on wall A, and the window could be moved to anywhere one wall B or C (but I would prefer to leave it where it is for budget reasons!)

I would really appreciate your input!
Thanks

Comentarios (7)

• Darzy
    hace 10 años
    Your plan for a large shower looks good to me. And, much more spacious feeling.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 10 años
    Consider using glass shower enclosure in a smaller bathroom.

Striking a Balance-Bathroom · Más información
  • PRO
    Ambry Design
    hace 10 años
    A glass shower enclosure is best and make sure to use a frame-less glass enclosure, this can also be done above the pony wall as 'labradesigneye' suggested. Do not use option one the vanity and the toilet will not work together in that option.
  • PRO
    Drafting & Soil Monitoring Services LLC
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Utilizing a pocket door in the first layout will allow you to use your space in an efficient way. In both layouts the tub/shower combo could be changed to a 4' glass enclosed shower.
    http://www.houseplansbydsms.com/
  • PRO
    DMH DESIGN
    hace 10 años
    You're getting some great advice. I like your layout, with the glass shower enclosure or wall as suggested by Dytecture and LDE. I think to maintain some maneuvering space, if you are going with a mud set pan, you should limit yourself at 42" in width, as suggested, for the benefit of your toilet location. It may be possible to make the pan 42" square if you are very careful in your vanity choice, small, possibly a vessel sink. I will post an example of one bath remodel that I designed on a 16" shelf (didn't want to move a door), which offers some storage, and is right in the same size range of what you'll need to make this bath work--(ignore the w/c, that is where your door, in relationship to this vanity would go) This shelf could be 21/15 also--better than 12" at high part. I feel your plumbing stack may take a bit more room out of the back wall than you anticipate. Wall stacks are not easy to move, so unless it is completely opened up and you can see exactly what you are dealing with, all of our assumpltions may require some adjustment. Otherwise, I believe your instincts appear to be going in the right direction. Put a 30" wide (or 27") linen cabt. mounted at +54" min above the toilet tank--you need some place to put extra towels. Happy Houzzing.
  • jamminjulia
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks everyone for your input. The shower shown in my plan was definitely going to have frameless glass most likely w/ pony wall on the WC side.

I know for a fact that the stack is on the existing sink wall, approximately in-line with the toilet. But its an old house so who knows what surprises I'll find once we get into the walls!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.