Houzz Logo Print
hewong

Hunting for a coffee table

hewong
hace 4 meses

Just bought new furniture and rug and now all I need is a coffee table. This is an open floor plan with different woods in the space so I hesitate to introduce another wood. My kitchen and buffet tops are quartz with a marble look. I’ve been leaning towards a marble coffee table but is that too repetitive? Also, was leaning towards something with black metal to complement a nearby fireplace with black tile but my kitchen hardware and dining room lamp has chrome. Does that matter?

Comentarios (19)

• Jenny
    hace 4 meses

I think a glass topped rectangular silver table would be beautiful there.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 4 meses

Another option is an upholstered ottoman, perhaps in a leather or faux-leather.

Do you have room to move the chairs back a bit?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 meses

The space there does not look large why not fogo the coffee table you need more lighting so end tables for the sofa and between the chairs would allow better movement for the seating IMO

• Cara Fidler
    hace 4 meses

How about glass coffee table? I have a beautiful glass coffee table (below) along with a wood credenza, wood secretary, and a wood china cabinet.

• Maureen
    hace 4 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

The couch and chairs can be moved back a bit…as long as the front legs rest on the rug it will still feel balanced. You could even place chairs differently.

I wouldn't worry about the kitchen, instead consider the fireplace and what suits the living room. Suggest taping out shapes/sizes and that will help you narrow down; I could see stacking tables and love these and they may even work well with everything you referenced.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0B77B68HR/ggos22-20/?ssp_iabi=1683509859892&th=1

Here’s another look.

https://puresaltinteriors.com/products/merwin-coffee-table?epik=dj0yJnU9LTBRcC15ZGgzdlVISE9RWTN6blNWbUR1NjhHWmlnek4mcD0wJm49RUJ0OE9qYThvd0Z3SGdxYU1KalRVQSZ0PUFBQUFBR1dQS1pF

On another note, if the wall behind piano is fairly short, can you center (with art above) and move seating area to right as well.

• ffpalms
    hace 4 meses

Another option is small drinks tables that can be moved easily when needed.

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

Thank you all for your helpful input! I will consider. Though glass would indeed appear more spacious, I hesitate as I have glass in another room and was trying to avoid the constant wiping to keep the glass sparkling. In the meantime when I get a chance I could send additional photos of the space.

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

Also, was considering these from pottery barn….

• foothills19
    hace 3 meses

Maybe this? coffee table

• Cara Fidler
    hace 3 meses

What about a nice glass coffee table with black wrought iron base. Here is a pic of a large rectangular one.

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

Thanks, but it looks too big for the space and not quite the look I’m going for.

• barncatz
    hace 3 meses
    Última modificación: hace 3 meses

You don't need to match your kitchen metal choice. Black is a nice choice given the fireplace. I think your Pottery Barn tables are also a good choice. They are a nice size and no, the white marble tops are not too repetitive.

I would change the dining fixture when you get around to it. It seems pretty traditional given your other choices. Your home is very pretty!

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

Thanks for the affirmation! I actually have since changed out the dining fixture since that first photo. (See updated photos.) Tho I like those pottery barn tables I was wondering if I ought to go wood to create a warmer feel. I just haven’t found anything I like in my price range. Also, I’m afraid that throwing in an another wood might be too much given all the other different wood tones in the open space.

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

Wider angle…

• ffpalms
    hace 3 meses

This wider view of the room makes me think these tables posted by Maureen in December would be just right. The couch, dining table and kitchen island are so similar in shape and orientation. The round shapes would help to balance the space.

• hewong
    Autor original
    hace 3 meses

I see what you mean…will definitely consider!

• PRO
    Everything Home
    el último mes

We might recommend looking at a few coffee table options online. Note the coffee tables we used in our designs below:

Eclectic Traveler’s Resort · Más información

Posh Home Remodel · Más información

Luxe Living in Zionsville · Más información

• PRO
    Wiles Design Group
    el último mes

Below are a few different coffee table designs that we thought might work in your space. Note the different shapes:

Lower Level Luxury: Family Room · Más información

Open and Light Kitchen and Living Room Remodel · Más información

Rustic Main Floor Remodel · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.