Houzz Logo Print
webuser_592184036

Stair wall Decor Ideas

M M
hace 4 meses

I have a large wall next to the staircase that I would like to decorate. I’m trying to think of decor that would look great from the living room and if you are walking down the stairs. From the living room you can only see the top half of the wall. Any suggestions? Thank you

Comentarios (12)

• chloebud
    hace 4 meses
    Última modificación: hace 4 meses

Maybe a gallery of some sort?

• Paul F.
    hace 4 meses

That's an interesting way to view a fairly common design element. If anything it feels safer to me.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 4 meses
    Última modificación: hace 4 meses

Paul, height is the issue there. they don't want toddlers to climb up and over. but yes, it is a common design element.

It's hard for a kid to climb up on a railing, but this would be simple enough to do

that's why I asked about code in their area. each city is diff.

Not a big deal in my house because there are no kids around.

But if the neighbor kid came over to play here, jumped on the cabinet and went over the top, you best believe their homeowners is going to get used! 100%.

instead of that cabinet, I'd do more of a built-in look like this. I'd move the black cabinet over to a wall

I think this looks nicer

• Kendrah
    hace 4 meses

It would help to see what the rest of the room looks like.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 meses

Where is the rest of the foreground living space, and pictures? Where is a picture of the living room while standing on the stair?

You have not enough info to advise.......anything?

• Cara Fidler
    hace 4 meses

How about a wall of family photographs with some nature settings also? People like to look at other folks pictures.

• PRO
    steveetheridge
    hace 4 meses

This would be a perfect place for a photo and/or artwork gallery. You should be able to find plenty of inspiration photos on the internet to guide you.

• Valinta
    hace 4 meses

Regarding safety and the stairwell, a bookcase is actually a ladder with books that a child can climb, sit on top, then fall or jump down. Nothing should be at the stairwell railing and it should be to code so small people canot get through or get stuck.

• bichonbabe
    hace 4 meses

While I recognize that common sense should apply when placing furniture in a home I don’t think there is actually a legal code . In public spaces , but not in private . Am I wrong ?

• PRO
    Everything Home
    el último mes

Below are a variety of ways to decorate stairwells and the top of the staircase. Please note the artwork, chandeliers, and chairs.

Farmhouse Fresh · Más información

Down to Earth · Más información

Euro-Inspired Luxe Living · Más información

Luxe Living in Zionsville · Más información

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors: The Hamptons
    el último mes

Here are some of the stairways we have designed. Maybe take a minute to look through what we have done in each and see if anything inspires you.

Oceanfront Oasis: Staircase · Más información

Oceanfront Oasis: Staircase · Más información

Southampton Modern Farmhouse · Más información

The Hamptons Modern · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.