Houzz Logo Print
pamkat40

Kitchen Remodel

pamkat40
hace 10 años
We are remodeling our kitchen. Cabinets were installed and while they are pretty, they are not what we ordered. I'm wondering what to do. I know this could be a major problem for cabinet maker. Also for me. Should I just deal with it? Ask for a discount? I want to be fair. I've attached a picture of what we thought we were getting and what we got. No one can tell us why?

Comentarios (24)

• Emily H
    hace 10 años
    It's definitely much different than you ordered. I think if it were mine, I'd want them to fix it. :/
  • lefty47
    hace 10 años
    HI -- That is a big mistake on their part . See what they can do to fix things for you . Their mistake , their expense. You really shouldn't have signed off on it but see what they say . They will want to keep their good reputation if they are a good company . Unhappy customers speak loudly .
  • PRO
    Bethany Crenshaw, AKBD
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    It is definitely different than what you ordered-but I personally like the darker ones. I would decide which I like better and ask for compensatation either way.
  • PRO
    Sycamore Cabinets
    hace 10 años
    Paul, Sycamore Cabinetry. Make them redue them. If its in your contract what you wanted and got something else. Redue.Paul
  • Emily H
    hace 10 años
    I think it's more than just the color. The profile seems different too, no?
  • PRO
    Unravel Design
    hace 10 años
    As a kitchen showroom and sales designer, I would have to agree with others. This is a bigger issue if it's been completely installed already. Kitchen cabinets are not cheap, they're an investment. You need to speak to a manager or someone higher up in the chain. Demand an explanation or at least have them admit that this was their mistake, they should then offer a reimbursement/discount. I'm sorry to hear this happened. Good luck.
  • nancy22032
    hace 10 años
    I too urge you to insist on getting the cabinets you ordered. I know that since I like lighter colors in my home, I would be very unhappy with these dark ones. The question is not "Should they replace them" it is "How Soon".
    A tip: If they refuse, have an attorney write a letter for you to them - it frequently brings a quick response.
    Another tactic I used when the blue-green carpet we had installed all over our house actually turned PURPLE whereever the sun hit it. I waited patiently for action but months went by with nothing done so I called the carpet company and said that I was going to run an ad in the paper about my carpet turning purple. They were out with a complete replacement in two days . Even if they discount what you paid, you will never be happy with these cabinets and you have to use them every day. Good Luck.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 10 años
    What you got is soooo much prettier than the light, raised panel (outdated) door that you show. If you actually wanted that, and communicated that style and finish to your cabinet maker, then, talk to them about it. I am thinking you got better. You can work around this nicely, or, try to beat some $$$ and get it changed.
  • Cindy Richards
    hace 10 años
    Oh my. And they are already installed. If you like them, ask for a price adjustment or compensation with crown molding or some other desirable item. Frequently, tradespeople prefer to give you something else that they buy at discount. That's how we got nice crown molding.
  • Catherine S
    hace 10 años
    Definitely not what you ordered. I would hope that a reputable company would honor the redo and make it right. Good luck !!!
  • scallion1
    hace 10 años
    I would definately be asking the supplier to install what you paid for, you have to live with this for a long time.
    The one they have put in is fantastic, but you need to be happy with it.
  • Sherry Chamberlin
    hace 10 años
    not what you thought you were getting? make them replace with what you wanted. too many contractors get away with mistakes. don't contribute to their bad habits by accepting the wrong item.
  • tmorgan89
    hace 10 años
    I agree you shouldnt pay for something you didn't ask for, but an idea for "making do" would be to have them pay to have your floors refinished in a different color maybe? Otherwise, they need to redo the order for you.
  • mmers
    hace 10 años
    I'm curious - did you talk to them about the problem before they were installed? Have they said anything to you about it? I'd be really ticked if they'd made a big mistake like this and I'd want it rectified.
  • Merry McMahon
    hace 10 años
    I agree, what you got is really beautiful! You may not have any leverage since they were installed before rectifying the situation.
  • pegonia1
    hace 10 años
    You should have all kinds of leverage to get what you ordered, unless you signed off when they were delivered before they were installed - and you have the appropriate paperwork to back up the order.
  • evamdesign
    hace 10 años
    I think what you got has a richer finish, a nicer patina. But if it is not what you want, then talk to them. Usually if you are reasonable and show the proof of our initial order, any reputable business will work with you on this. Good luck
  • rubyloves2shop
    hace 10 años
    If you are not happy deal with it now don't wait and have regrets. I do like the one you got (darker richer more interesting and goes great with the floor in the pic) but if it is not what you ordered or want speak up NOW.
  • bms0422
    hace 10 años
    A totally different style and color. Either have the business replace them with what you ordered or, if you like painted cabinets, have them cover the cost of refinishing them. Either way, this is a major investment, and one you will live with for a long time. Agree with earlier posts. Make up your mind what you really want the company to do, put it in writing and do it NOW.
  • PRO
    Cabinets To Go
    hace 10 años
    We have several samples and ideas for kitchens and kitchen cabinets. Let us know if we could be of any help to you.
  • PRO
    Artistic Design Build
    hace 10 años
    I personally like cabinets and I can see a nice cream colored marble counter top to go on top......
  • bellesum
    hace 10 años
    Did you not notice the difference immediately when the cabinets were brought on site? Did you try to stop them from installing the wrong cabinets?
  • evamdesign
    hace 10 años
    How did it go? Is it being changed? I would love to know the result. I hope all went well
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.