Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyfara

Help with Front Door and Shutter Color

Kimberly Fara
hace 11 meses

Hello! I’m looking for advice on a color for a new front door and to repaint the shutters on a ranch house. We just had the windows replaced last week and the garage painted white.

I took the shutters off to see what it would look like without them and did not like it.

I’m thinking of SW Iron Ore for both the door and shutters. No storm door. The new door will be 1/4 glass, probably privacy glass but not decorative.

How can I add to the curb appeal? Thank you for any advice. I’m second guessing everything!!

Comentarios (7)

• Lyn Nielson
    hace 11 meses

Behr Oslo Blue

Kimberly Fara agradeció a Lyn Nielson
  • Kimberly Fara
    Autor original
    hace 11 meses

I have to select a SW color because the door company will only allow me to have the door painted a SW color when i order it. Otherwise, I can take a color of theirs, but I want to paint the shutters the same color.

• chloebud
    hace 11 meses
    Última modificación: hace 11 meses

I think something like Iron Ore or Tricorn Black could be nice with your brick and siding colors.

I realize you just had the garage painted, but white gives it a lot of focus, especially since it faces the street. At some future point consider a garage door painted the same color as your siding. A garage door with windows across the top can add interest and help break up the ”wall” of garage. It’s nice when the front door and entry area are the main focal points.

Not a pro but am wondering if painting the door white with your white windows would help balance things with the white garage. You could do the black shutters and maybe change the pot by the door to black. Larger black light fixtures by the door and garage would also help with curb appeal.

Kimberly Fara agradeció a chloebud
  • Kimberly Fara
    Autor original
    hace 11 meses

@chloebud Thank you! As soon as i saw the WHITE garage, i regretted it immediately. It’s SW Extra White. I agree with everything you said about the focus on that garage door.

My husband would prefer the front door not be white. If it must be, i understand that. But would prefer not.

We would have the interior side of the door painted, too. The inside of the house is painted Agreeable Gray.

• PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    hace 11 meses

Iron Ore would be good choice for the shutters, or the door. I usually recommend that you pick a color for the door that is not used elsewhere on the facade. That allows you to make the door a focal point that draws the eye to that area. Since the door is backset and somewhat hidden a vibrant color that really adds a "pop" would be a good option.

Kimberly Fara agradeció a Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • RedRyder
    hace 11 meses

The white garage door is glaringly white because it’s not balanced, as @Chloebud’s photo shows. Definitely consider painting it the color of the house to make it recede.

All the dark soft blacks suggested will look amazing on your house. Use it for the shutters and front door. After you paint those, try an app to see the garage door also painted black - or the house’s gray.

Cute house!

Kimberly Fara agradeció a RedRyder
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.