Houzz Logo Print
vkavaras

wood tones clash?

Valerie K
hace 11 meses

hello! We renovated our home a few months ago and did all new wood bannisters. We had them stained and I was hoping they’d turn out a little cooler in color/tone… more similar to the floors. I just got this console table and it’s even more cool than the floors and on the grayer side. The size is perfect and I love the style & how it meshes with the floors, but I worry it’s makes the bannister color seem even more “off” and even warmer. Am I making too much of this? Ideally I would restain the bannisters to achieve a cooler more muted look. Or even a darker stain- just something less yellowing/orange. But I’m guessing that would be a huge project…

Any advice?

Comentarios (15)

• eld6161
    hace 11 meses

It looks fine. I don't think they clash.

• deegw
    hace 11 meses

I think the grain on the banister works with the floor and the table. They all look nice together, no clashing.

• houssaon
    hace 11 meses

i agree. They work well together.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 11 meses

If your balustrade is sealed, then yes - it will need to be stripped of the existing finish and restained. So, It will be an ordeal. I would suggest a different console table - one that is metal or better yet painted.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 11 meses

I very much like your bannister, and it works fine with the floor and the console.

That being said, I agree with Jan and Norwood that you could use a different console--I like the idea of a painted one.

• Valerie K
    Autor original
    hace 11 meses

Yes i can definitely do a black console table there I was just wanting to use a black mirror and thought it would be too much black if I did black for both. The wall is only 39” long so I need a small console table that won’t be too long.

Please send any other console table ideas my way :)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 11 meses
    Última modificación: hace 11 meses

Paint the console you have, change the mirror : )

A warm brass.Not black : ) Get a 30 inch round....

• Valerie K
    Autor original
    hace 11 meses

You think paint the console black?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 11 meses

I would not have done a wood console I think black and glass would be a nice addition to that space

• woodrose
    hace 11 meses

Don't let anyone talk you into a different console. If you like the one you have, keep it. It looks fine to me.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 11 meses

Gorgeous floors and banister! A solid color console may do the trick here. I dont think this console clashes, it however is a lot of grains going together.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 11 meses

I'd paint it black in a heartbeat. : ) A one day project and a quart of paint over a quart of primer.

Use the black mirror somewhere else.

• chispa
    hace 11 meses

I think the odd man out is the color of the carpet!

• Olychick
    hace 11 meses
    Última modificación: hace 11 meses

I think the table is cute and it goes well with your existing wood tones. I wouldn't change it. I like the black mirror; it complements and repeats the black on the stairs. I wouldn't use brass there - it will make everything look even cooler and coordinates with nothing in the area

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.