Houzz Logo Print
lfblair768

Toe kick step stool

lfblair768
el último año
Hi! Lovely bathroom. What kind of slides did you use on the step stool? Do they lock? And if so, would a young kid be able to unlock and close the drawer by themselves? Starting our kids' bathroom reno and our cabinet guy found locking slides from accursed, but I'm not sure if my kids would be able to open and close them. I'd love any insight. Thanks!
South Dakota Riverfront Home · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Wood Specialties, Inc.
    el último año

These are Accuride Heavy Duty slides, but not the locking ones. At the time of this project, the lockout slides required tabs on both sides of the drawer to be pushed in order to close the drawer and the clients found that to be too cumbersome for regular use. We use other catch systems to assist in locking the drawer out as best as it can when foregoing the locking slides.

• lfblair768
    Autor original
    el último año

Thanks! We are planning on locking accuride slides but the cabinet maker is really pushing to have the locks on both side of the drawer. I don’t think our young kids will be able to operate two locking tabs simultaneously though. How did you lock the drawer?

• PRO
    Wood Specialties, Inc.
    el último año

Lockout tracks are definitely the safest and best option to be used in this situation, but not everyone has wanted to deal with unlocking them so we dont always have a true locked out system. In those situations, we just make sure the clients are well aware of the fact that the step doesn't have a locked out position. The tracks are very stable and not prone to travel unless being pushed or pulled. In those instances, we will use strong magnetic catches to assist in locking the drawer out. We have also rigged up rubber feet to touch the ground in the open position to prevent sliding. These are all ways to assist the tracks in staying out, but the lockout tracks are certainly the surest way to ensure the step won't move when open. Hopefully this helps.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.