Houzz Logo Print
webuser_290967725

Help! Narrow Hall decor change. Needing inspo

Hello. I'm hoping folks will be able to help me decide what to do in our narrow hallway. I have wondered about doing a half height panelling with a wallpaper, changing lights to spots and obvs recarpeting. Been trying to decide for about 2 years now... and just cant decide what to do. Would love to hear your ideas please?

Comentarios (4)

• debbb1e
    el último año

Houseology (here on Houzz) have done some renovations that included narrow halls. You can also go to their website and look at their section on halls: https://houseology.ie/hall-design-ideas/. There have also been some discussions here on halls that you could peruse. Good luck!

• PRO
    Kindly
    el último año

It sounds like you already have some great ideas! Half height panelling works well in long hallways, and is more practical than wallpaper as paint can be cleaned or touched up if it gets brushed against. A darker carpet or runner will define the floor and add height to the space, a shade that blends with the walls will add the illusion of width. A patterned carpet will help with flow and direction, which can make it feel more lively. Oversized art is always a nice touch to a smaller space (too many or too small and it can feel cluttered).

• PRO
    Home & Decor Hub
    el último año

Best regards! If more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Sonia
    el último año

I think panelling would be lovely but I wonder if wallpaper as well may be too fussy in such a narrow spot?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.