Houzz Logo Print
aruna_rajendran

Need help deciding on a sofa for our lime green color living room

Athira R
el último año

Hi All,

I really liked the below olive green curved sectional sofa for my lime green living room wall (attached pics below). I also wanted to add yellow chairs (as shown below) along with new sectional and decorate sofa with yellow/green/white pillows..

I went with yellow accent chairs since my dinner room (which is adjacent to living) has mustard yellow accent wall color.

I am confused with this option since both my wall and sofa are green (but diff shades of green) and would love to hear your thoughts on helping me decide on this.. Thanks in advance!!

Yellow chair (accent) which i like to buy to match with olive green sofa:

My living room:

This photo is for reference and not taken in good lighting as well .. i will be removing the wall decor/photo frame + AC and add in decor to match with the sofa/chair.

Comentarios (15)

• jck910
    el último año

Love the green of the sectional. Don't love the green you have on the walls. I would change the wall color to a lighter shade of the green of the sectional or even better paint it the color of other room which looks to be a light beige

Athira R agradeció a jck910
  • kandrewspa
    el último año

Those two greens don't work together. Navy goes well with lime green if that sofa is available in a different color. Or change the wall color as @jck910 suggests.

Athira R agradeció a kandrewspa
  • Athira R
    Autor original
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

@jck910 @kandrewspa thanks so much for your suggestions.. i do agree that those 2 colors doesn't go well together, thats the reason for my dilemma in choosing sofa for our living room. If i have to choose another sofa color, i have to wait for 9 months :( so my best option i see is to change wall colors :)... I am not sure about time/cost for repainting 3 walls in our living room.. need to explore on this.. Thanks again!!

• P Banos
    el último año

Looks like a painting project you could handle yourself. Prime first.

Have you laid out the size of the sectional in your room to be quite sure it will fit?

• decoenthusiaste
    el último año

Generally, paint colors are chosen to work with fabrics and textiles because there are thousands of paint colors, so the job is much easier if paint is chosen last (as you are finding out.) I love the sofa color. Start there and change the wall color to work with it. I think that's more of an olive color, so the lime is just too yellow and pastel to work with the warmer, brown undertones of the sofa. If you want a yellow accent chair, that one looks good on my monitor. How well does it match the dining room wall? You're right to try and sprinkle the accent color throughout; it will look deliberate and designed.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    el último año

50 shades of Green. I would go with neutral sofa or walls.

• olychick
    el último año

I love the green sectional and would paint the walls to work with it. Painting 3 walls would be a completely manageable do-it-yourself project. If you don't want to do green walls, maybe look at some gold/yellow colors that will complement the chairs and sofa color- like the background color of the art shown in one of your inspiration pics.

• Maureen
    el último año

A gallon of primer $60 or so, a gallon of BM neutral paint $80 and a day, or if not experienced, 2 days of your time.

The greens clash and also won’t work style wise/resemble your inspiration rooms.

As someone also mentioned, be sure it will work size and layout wise. Be sure to tape out if you haven’t already.

• tfitz1006
    el último año

I like your wall color. I used BM Pear Green in a bathroom once and loved it. However, I love your couch much more. I'd do Hale Navy on the wall and get the green couch.

• sofikbr
    el último año

Agree about needing to paipaint, but are you sure sectional would work in your room? Can you post floor plan? Also please to no yellow chair.

• PRO
    True American Grain
    el último año

Hi Athira,

The sofa in the pictures you provided look kind of big for your space. However, since I do not have all the details, I'm not sure if it is proportional in your living room or not.

I understand you love the color green, but both the piece and your wall are green, I would suggest if you can change the color on one of them. Personally, I would suggest repainting the wall. The moss green sofa looks really elegant.

• cawaps
    el último año

Some visualizations.

I changed out the chair (the original is a very ASSERTIVE yellow) and tried to tie in the colors with pillows (Etsy)

I tried some paints. I didn't like anything with too much red (a lot of beiges lean toward pink). These are all somewhere in the green family.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    el último año

Paint the walls. it's the cheaper option (plus, that wall color just isn't flattering for a living room space)

Get a can of primer and 2 gallons of paint. use Behr, it's cheaper (and I like their paint)

why can't you paint the walls yourself? Over the years I've done every single wall in my house, multiple times. Get a few friends to help. watch a video on the proper way to paint.

Pick a nice neutral color, then bring in your green sofa! art, pillows, rugs will give you the color you like.

If you notice in all of those pics w/your sofa, all the walls are white.

lime green needs white and neutrals to balance it

If you like green, go with a darker color and choose a leather color sofa

or more of a sage green

Otherwise, do a white wall w/lime green accents and art

• Jilly
    el último año

I love green sofas, that one is fab.

If you have your heart set on it, and decide to explore other paint colors, the Farrow & Ball IG account always has great inspiration. I don’t know what the other sides of the room look like, or connecting rooms, so can’t advise for sure what would work. And F & B is pricey, but maybe similar colors could be found in other brands.

These aren’t the exact color of your sofa, but I think could still work with it —

This one is Setting Plaster, one of my fav F & B colors:

This is Jitney:

Treron:

Hague Blue (notice how the lighting makes it look darker than the one above):

Cornforth White:

Green with DeNimes:

Obviously, the styles of some of these are very different, but again, just color ideas.

If you have an IG account, look up hashtags such as ’green velvet couch’ … ’green couch’ … ’green sofa’ … etc.

ETA: Cawaps’ second mock-up looks good. A bold and eclectic look that could work.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    el último año

Call me crazy, but I like your walls! What if you went with a deep coral sofa instead of the olive green? Or even a dark orange? Bring some navy blues in there, too, and you're good to go.

Cozy with a Pop of Orange · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.