Houzz Logo Print
webuser_282180160

Sourcing utility room cabinets

Su Esse
el último año

We have a very small, newly built utility room. Can anyone advise where I could source ready made units to fit in it? Boiler and water tank are in there, along with a sink and exposed pipe work. There is no natural ventilation but there is an extractor fan. Budget is small but would like decent waterproof material that will last. Thanks!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Organise Space
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

I dare say you found a solution two years ago :-) but I just wanted to make the observation that the market has really changed for all products made of boards, there are so many board processing facilities in around London that bespoke cabinets and kitchen type carcasses are much more affordable than they would have been say five years ago

• Su Esse
    Autor original
    el último año

Thank you. Actually I only posted today, so recommendations are most welcome. We got one 'bespoke' quote but it was too expensive.

• PRO
    Organise Space
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

Oh that's weird, the post looked old. It's a little hard to say to much without seeing the whole space / project but in term's of materials you should be looking at MR MDF (MR stands for moisture resistant). I used to do lots of bespoke work as www.exploitspace.com but have moved away from that. I think the point I was making is that you need to be using prefaced and edged MR MDF and given how the materials market has changed it shouldn't be hard to find a find somebody who could do this at a reasonable price. I get my pre-cut and edged MR MDF from https://cworkshop.co.uk/ but you will need a design as somebody to assemble it for you. last time I was collecting some materiel i got talking to another customer called https://www.bournebespoke.com/ he may be able to help. I may also be able to help but I would need to be able to give the project a very quick assessment. Jon

• PRO
    Agnes Agocs Interiors
    el último año

A utility room would be similar to a kirchen in terms of cabinets so perhaps look at the major brands like IKEA, Wickes, B&Q if budget is tight. Good luck with the project 🤗

• Daisy England
    el último año

Any kitchen supplier will be able to assist. Look at a local independent for choice and cost efficiency.

A utility is no different to a kitchen and most kitchen suppliers offer carcasses in MFC, therefore contradicting the other post. There is no need to bother with MR MDF as you will want a finish on it hence MFC.

• PRO
    Organise Space
    el último año

It does depend how much water you expect to be splashing around, for normal / reasonable use any pre manufactured unit made from MFC will be OK. but in a very humid environment or if water is left standing on it OR the edge-banding is cheap it will not.

• PRO
    Carla / kolours.space
    el último año

Ready made will most likely require a fitter so you maximise the space internally and in function too. Where are you based?

• Cle Campbell
    el último año

I would also look at a small ex display kitchen which is what we plan to do for our boot / utility room. Quite a lot on Facebook. People often give older kitchens away if you are prepared to dismantle them yourself. Some are in extremely good condition!

• Su Esse
    Autor original
    el último año

Thanks all.

We don't have any manpower to dismantle and collect units, so they would have to be delivered, but we do have a fitter.

@CleCampbell I will check out FB in case they deliver, or ex-display - thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately the local independent is out of reach budget wise. The room is not even 2x2m, so I was shocked at the quote!

I will check out the various suggestions including @OrganiseSpace your workshop.

• Daisy England
    el último año

I wonder what you were quoted by the independent. I represent a local independent and l know we beat all the major big sheds on price. l guess it’s all area relevant.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.