Houzz Logo Print
webuser_534882508

Help with furniture placement for living/dining room

Chelsea A
el último año

I had posted the other day looking for help with wall decor, but it sounds like I need to work on furniture placement and get some area rugs first.

I’ve attached a few different photos to show the space I’m working with.

Open to any suggestions, including adding more or replacing the living room furniture altogether.

The living room will not have a TV.

Thank you!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    el último año

Yes to a rug in the LR I am not a huge lover of rugs in DRS and I like the first pic for furniture placement but you do need more lighting in the LR so maybe and arc light from the left of the loveseat and an end table and table lamp between the sofa and the chair on the right and a more rectangular coffee table

• PRO
    User
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

I prefer the 3rd furniture placement option best. Why block the window when you have a large wall to place the sofa against. Then, add a rug, artwork, and indoor plants.

• tfitz1006
    el último año

Agree, I like the third pic for the reasons Gio mentioned. Maybe even a nice console table there in front of the window. You can put plants on it and maybe add a lamp. You do need good lighting.

• Chelsea A
    Autor original
    el último año

Thank you all! Here are a few more photos with this configuration. I definitely want an arc light. Any other suggestions? Would a round area rug work best?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    el último año

Is there no way to obtain a three seat sofa for this room? The loveseat is just too small.

• Chelsea A
    Autor original
    el último año

@Beverly, yes I can replace the loveseat with a three seat sofa! You prefer this configuration with the sofa in front of the window?
    Thank you so much for taking the time to edit my photo! It’s so helpful to see everything together.

• kandrewspa
    el último año

Definitely not a round area rug. Do you see how Beverly marked off an area for a rug? It is probably a 8 X 10 or 9 X 12. I have a three seat sofa in front of a big window in my living room like she shows. I would just get something darker than what she shows so there is more contrast. Having the same color sofa as the drapes and walls just feels blah to me, but a patterned rug would really perk up the room.

• Chelsea A
    Autor original
    el último año

@kandrewspa, yes I agree the rectangular rug is necessary for that configuration. I wasn’t sure a rectangle would work with the other configuration (with the sofa against the wall) as the sofa and chair don’t really line up. The drapes were purchased as a temporary solution, so I’m open to suggestions for replacing them as well!

• PRO
    Pamela Harvey Interiors
    el último año

We might suggest trying to sofa facing the large window with a rug underneath. It seems like you might be able to enjoy the view more since there won't be a TV. Below are a few designs which might help you more.

Traditional With A Twist · Más información

Modern Kitchen And Living Room Renovation · Más información

Governor's Run - A Modern Mix · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.