Houzz Logo Print
shalahmcd

Will wallpaper/color in hallway look disjointed?

shalahmcd
hace 2 años

I have a small hallway that leads to our screened in porch and garage that is alway looking dirty and looks pretty boring. i am considering a patterned wallpaper on the top half and a coordinating color painted below the chair rail - possibly green color to disguise the dirt that always collects on the trim and baseboards. Since the other rooms are so neutral will this look off? Should i choose a more nuetral taupe color so it looks cohesive? Ive included a few pictures of the hallway and one inside the hallway looking out towards the rest of the house.

Comentarios (9)

• Chris
    hace 2 años

Hi. Feels like you might want to save color and statement walls for an area you’d like to highlight… an ooh and aww area. How about a very washable paint?

shalahmcd agradeció a Chris
  • kandrewspa
    hace 2 años

I actually like the color the way it is. I would keep it all one color because there are already a lot of doors breaking up the space. I like your taupe or greige idea.

shalahmcd agradeció a kandrewspa
  • elcieg
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Continue the living room wainscoting into the hall. Wallpaper above...go brown because the eye also sees the brown cabinets. Move the 1930 ish china cabinet to another spot...not near the back hall.

I am a Thibaut fan, and this scale will work with the wainscoting pattern.

shalahmcd agradeció a elcieg
  • eld6161
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Yes to matching the wainscoting from the living room since you have the chair rail there already.

How about a really pretty colorful runner? Look at Ruggable. They have lots of fun colors and designs.

shalahmcd agradeció a eld6161
  • shalahmcd
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I do need a new runner in that space. ill take a look at ruggable. Thanks!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

I would not want to bring attention to that space since it is already busy and BTW no matter what you do there it will still get dirty and need cleaning so IMO a good washable paint and nowallpaper in such a chopped up space

shalahmcd agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Pamela Harvey Interiors
    el último año

We don't think you need wallpaper in the hallway. However you might be able to make it less dirty by using a runner that has some pattern on it.

Color Confidence · Más información

Bold, Bright & Balanced · Más información

Design House 2015 · Más información

• kculbers
    el último año

I also like your home “as is”.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.